Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
I don't know why Cryptic seems to be dragging its feet with its community spotlight concept. Unless it really is harder then just flaging a mission as "Spotlight" and add an XP reward along with a level appropriated item/mark pickup.

There are soo many very high quality missions now for both factions that it shouldn't even be a time concern of slogging through mission after mission to find one to spotlight. This could quickly bolster PvE options for both the Klingons and Federation very quickly but it just hasen't happened yet. I really think they dropped the ball on this one, at least the way its been handled so far.
Especially Klingon side. Despite our reputation as being PvP oriented, I've been more impressed by KDF missions than FED ones.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Would it cost Cryptic less time to sift through all such a mission (even one put forward), check for bugs, perhaps add some unique things like quest items to future proof the mission etc and playtest them and make sure the storyline sits well in the 'KDF theme' - than it would be for them to just make one and know from day one that it will be exactly what they want?

I think so, but I actually think it would take a very similar amount of time.

Keep in mind that we make foundry missions using existing resources, and can do so relatively more quickly than what we would expect from Developers (i.e. making new assets for missions like the landed B'Rel in Doomsday).

Considering there is nothing on the horizon for KDF PVE (apart from patrols with an optional pvp element) I think its about time this idea was entertained in a serious manner.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Especially Klingon side. Despite our reputation as being PvP oriented, I've been more impressed by KDF missions than FED ones.
In general I would tend to agree, and this only further supports the idea of using this content to help fix this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-20-2011, 09:24 AM
I support this idea. Take a look at my post and see if that would work. The author's would have to donate their work and give up any "rights" to it but may get a byline in the final product (original concept by XXXXX, or something similar).

-Auspice
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspice
I support this idea. Take a look at my post and see if that would work. The author's would have to donate their work and give up any "rights" to it but may get a byline in the final product (original concept by XXXXX, or something similar).

-Auspice
According to the agreements we click to use the Foundry and the game itself, authors already give up all rights
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Would it cost Cryptic less time to sift through all such a mission (even one put forward), check for bugs, perhaps add some unique things like quest items to future proof the mission etc and playtest them and make sure the storyline sits well in the 'KDF theme' - than it would be for them to just make one and know from day one that it will be exactly what they want?

I think so, but I actually think it would take a very similar amount of time.

Keep in mind that we make foundry missions using existing resources, and can do so relatively more quickly than what we would expect from Developers (i.e. making new assets for missions like the landed B'Rel in Doomsday).

Considering there is nothing on the horizon for KDF PVE (apart from patrols with an optional pvp element) I think its about time this idea was entertained in a serious manner.
The time to work through the mission may be the same, but, on average, the time required would be less. Further, the time to develop a concept and write a story would be greatly reduced (or non existent even).

-Auspice
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-20-2011, 09:32 AM
I think itīs a great idea, partly because I mentioned something like this in another thread.

Now, we need a Cryptician to tell us if this is possible.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes this would be a great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-20-2011, 10:06 AM
*sees thread has been moved to the Community Feedback(aka, things we dont want to see) forum*

Well I guess we know Cryptic's response to this idea
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I can't find anything to argue with here. I'd love to see this happen as a reasonable solution to the Klingon Problem.

It seems that everyone agrees with this in concept, I suppose the only question is whether it can be done legally.