Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFox
Seriously, why don't female Trill have makeup?

Also, why don't Caitians have hair?
They are working on some new hairtech and don't want to give Caitans hair until its finished.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
though nothing at all really explains the problems with trills.

Seems an easy fix compared to the forever waiting for hairtech
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFox
Seriously, why don't female Trill have makeup?

Also, why don't Caitians have hair?
It is odd that they d o not allow Caitians to have hair or a mane type of fur if they choose to. M'ress seemed to have hair. However, the Caitians from the movies did not seem to have it. A real cat like that would likely not have human-like hair... I guess they just decided to go with that. I wish they could have patterns (like spots and stripes) and(or) that there was true black for their fur color instead of like a deep brownish grey.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
though nothing at all really explains the problems with trills.

Seems an easy fix compared to the forever waiting for hairtech
I couldn't agree more.

Right now I'd settle for a Dev response to at least acknowledge they are aware of these problems.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Exactly. are the trill problems an oversight they dont know about?

or

is there some game breaking reason?

Would be good to see a response to this
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
You've already been given an explanation: spots and makeup are on the same pull-down menu. By choosing a Trill character, you've locked in the spots option.

You may think it's an easy fix, but it's rarely that simple. For all you know, they'd have to pull apart the models (and the way the game reads the customization information) to get the options you're looking for.

As for visors...well...Trill have a rigorous screening process for those that wish to be joined. I seriously doubt someone requiring a visor would get very far in that program.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
They are working on some new hairtech and don't want to give Caitans hair until its finished.
Well, until this will be released, STO will have already seson 6 or 7. This is totally bull wainting for new hirtec in a MMO and thatfore no haircuts are until the releas allowed. First of all, the least of us could use this option. By the way, this is one of the problems with the stationview avatars in EVE online and why so many users there shut down the station view.

I for one, don't want to have perfect hair dinamics but simply a lot more haircutts. Instead of hair tec I would like to see new leg tec (insectoids, animal legs, 3 legs, 4 legs) and tails.

As for Trills, why not? Just give them a little more love they deserve.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Bowser
You've already been given an explanation: spots and makeup are on the same pull-down menu. By choosing a Trill character, you've locked in the spots option.

You may think it's an easy fix, but it's rarely that simple. For all you know, they'd have to pull apart the models (and the way the game reads the customization information) to get the options you're looking for.

As for visors...well...Trill have a rigorous screening process for those that wish to be joined. I seriously doubt someone requiring a visor would get very far in that program.
Well I am not saying that its easy. I am saying that its wrong.

Tattoos, scars are a different layer to makeup/spots

Is there a limit to the number of layers? who knows a dev has never said. Until that point its not possible to determine if its an easy fix (bit of art, bit of coding) OR huge amount of possible game breaking coding.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-27-2011, 10:49 PM
They could also simply fuse the copied layer of trill spots with the copied make up layer, and we could get 9 new trill layer. Each trill spot layer with each make up layer, 3X3=9.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
indeed, good soloution there chap!