Lt. Commander
# 1 Tier Ship Variants
06-11-2011, 04:13 PM
In the latest Ask Cryptic, Dstahl answered this question:

Quote:
Q: Yreodred When will we get more options at the ship tailor?

A: We will be adding more ship variants at each tier over the next several months and then this fall we plan to add more "part and texture" packs so that there are more customization options for ships. This is also something we plan to add as part of mission rewards in the future as well.
Personally, I would love to see the Rhode Island Nova variant introduced as either an alternate skin or a Vice Admiral version of the Nova class. I've always thought that it looks as if it would fit right in amongst the other ships in STO, and was supprised to see it wasn't one of the other two, basic variants of the Nova class.

Which other ship variants would you like to see introduced at each tier?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Just my 0,02 Euros.

I would love to see these models as Sovereign Variants:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=698

And this as a T5 Excelsior variant:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com.../File/115613/2

Additionally i would love to see more different pylons and nacelles for our Tier 5 ships (sorry but Tier 5 is where we play the most time.)
I don't see a big need of lower tier alternative ship models, unless they are also available at tier 5.

I would love to have different versions of the pylons we already have, like facing forward, backwards, upwards and downwards, and most important: versions that feature no holes or spikes.
I just imagine, a nebula with backwards facing pylons could look interesting.

It donesn't have to be something fancy, just simple nice looking shapes.
(Devs, please no more exaggerated looking ships, like the Hephaestus, Imperial or Comet Class for example. Honestly i think we already have enough dire looking ships in the game.)

Maybe we could get a bit more control of the general shape of our ships, like putting the saucer just a bit more forward on the nebula, or making the pylons a bit more narrow on an assault cruiser, stuff like that would be awesome IMHO.

One of the easiest things the devs could do is to unlock already existing stuff, like plyons and nacelles of lower tier ships to be used on Tier 5 ships, maybe some hulls and saucers too.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-24-2011, 02:36 AM
This is something I'm really looking forward to!
I'd welcome both suggestions. The thing for me is that sometimes I just LOVE one part of a Ship, like a Saucer, but I just can't find nacelles for the ship I'm really happy with.
I hope that chages with these additional parts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
Just my 0,02 Euros.

It donesn't have to be something fancy, just simple nice looking shapes.
(Devs, please no more exaggerated looking ships, like the Hephaestus, Imperial or Comet Class for example. Honestly i think we already have enough dire looking ships in the game.)

Maybe we could get a bit more control of the general shape of our ships, like putting the saucer just a bit more forward on the nebula, or making the pylons a bit more narrow on an assault cruiser, stuff like that would be awesome IMHO.

One of the easiest things the devs could do is to unlock already existing stuff, like plyons and nacelles of lower tier ships to be used on Tier 5 ships, maybe some hulls and saucers too.

Live long and prosper.
I agree. More ship parts should be made avalable to mix and match AS LONG AS THEY ARE PRPOERLY SCALED.

I also agree that the ships with jagged lines are more hideous than a babboon's red butt, but I digress.

I will not begrudge those who like mean looking ships, but I prefer my ships to have curves. Most captains refer to their ships as "she". I think ships should resemble the fairer species and be curvy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I will not begrudge those who like mean looking ships, but I prefer my ships to have curves. Most captains refer to their ships as "she". I think ships should resemble the fairer species and be curvy.
I agree with you and to be honest people who like "mean" looking ships, have a big range of choices now.
I think people who like nicer looking ships should get something too now.
But even if the devs would be willing to do that, Tier 6 is somewhere behind the horizon (sadly), where again a lot of ugly ship are awaiting us.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Alistair
This is something I'm really looking forward to!
I'd welcome both suggestions. The thing for me is that sometimes I just LOVE one part of a Ship, like a Saucer, but I just can't find nacelles for the ship I'm really happy with.
I hope that chages with these additional parts.
You are not the only one, i have the exact same problem with the Assault Cruiser and some other ships.
But especially the Assault Cruisers ship parts are just so weird (sorry i can't find another word), in the time i have been playing STO (since February 2010) i have never found a satisfying combination of ship parts for that ship.

The biggest problem i have are the pylons, sometimes the are too wide or too narrow, some are too high (imperial) or they have hideous holes, but other ship parts also look too strange and too weird IMO.

The thing is that it would have been nice if there where some more good looking ship parts, something that makes the ship look less skinny and fragile.
I would be perfectly happy if we would get just somemore options with the already existig ship parts, like making them facing forward, for example.

We just need more variations for that ship and it wouldn't hurt if they would look good for a change.

I have found some really good looking Assault cruiser concepts made by that guy how designed the Ent -E.
http://www.starshipdatalink.net/art/1701-e.html
(Picture 6 the Black/white one)
I would LOVE if we could get some Assault Cruiser ship parts that look more like that.

Curiously, i think that the Sovereign is the ship that looks the most ugly of them.
Maybe its the backwards facing pylons that makes that ship look cheap somehow IMO.

Live long and prosper.