Lt. Commander
I know many authors will say their mission is the best, but this mission is not like any other I can promise that. It starts of slow, just exploring Risa many new features added by me. More to come later also.

There are 5 maps in use, all of which have been re-designed by me. Even the transporter room took 2-3 hours to perfect and your only in that for 2-3 minutes.

There is a deep storyline, to be continued in further episodes. There is a reason why the Borg are doing what they are doing. Whatever any other Borg mission states about Alpha Quadrant at risk, this storyline will blow them out of the water. It is ambitious but works very well.

This mission was brought to you by the Assimilated Initiation Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Borg attack Ds9.. .Yeah... you lost me right there.
Also there is a subforum to advertise foundry missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2011, 06:38 AM
What do you mean I lost you lol

Are you saying Borg don't know how to attack DS9 or something?! Why not give it a chance?

DS9 station looks totally different, after it has been assimilated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Why would I want to play a mission when I already know what´s going to happen ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2011, 06:43 AM
But you don't, there is far more too it. It is not just a quick thrown together foundry mission.

It has taking close to 50 hours to perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Sorry, wasn't meant to be taken personally.
DS9 attacked just screams to be what is commonly referred to as "fan****" and happening "just because".
I haven't seen your map building skills, so I won't judge you on that.
But the way you describe building rooms within larger maps as revolutionary isn't exactly new really...
The best map builders have built entire citys or complete interiour space stations that didn't exist as premade maps at all...
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Timelord, give the guy a break... he's trying to contribute.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Building an entire map from scratch would take days. It takes a lot of time just to find the right items, position them well. That is not including placing items to do with the objective. Have you created a foundry mission before?

It aint a 3D tool.

In Assimilated Initiation...

DS9 has had many items placed on it including a large area of debris due to damage. I used Starbase 39 to create a transporter room and Risa has the Klingon Barge of Death in the water with a rope bridge going to it to get on. Took 2 hours just to get that bridge in place and position the ship so it all connected.

What more do you want? lol

Actually creating maps from the ground up is just a bit overkill. Sure if you could copy maps from one project to another it could be worth doing, maybe. I can't copy my Risa map to another project which I would like to as the current mission is RA only. I would have liked to use the map for a newbie mission, add a lot more fun stuff etc.

Hopefully that will come later.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Your description for the mission kinda spoils it a bit, but I'll give it a whirl.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Maybe my critique came off a little strong, sorry for that.
Only don`t advertise your mission as something revolutionary when it's in fact not.
I'm all for new missions that are worth a play and I will check it out ASAP and give you a more informed opionion then.
Anyway I would recommend moving this thread to teh foundry mission forum for a higher profile anyway.