Lt. Commander
# 1101
08-26-2011, 06:11 PM
The thing with Diplomatic XP up til DOFF activation is that we've had to grind it actively. With DOFF fire and forget style gameplay it's much easier for casual and hardcore players to gain tiers in it. Previously you had First Contacts and occasional exploration grinding and the one time playable Dip missions. Now that there's a way to repeat many Dip missions that's far less of a grind.

With the way this system should play I wouldn't worry about having large commendation cap goals. Though I was wondering if it would be possible to make it take longer for other commendation levels once you capped some?

For instance here's what I'm looking at on my Fed character:

Diplomacy (Federation) - Tier 3, nearly 4
Marauding (Klingon) *IGNORE THIS ONE*
Science - Tier 2
Engineering - Tier 3, nearly 4
Medical - Tier 2
Military - Tier 1
Espionage - Tier 3
Colonial - Tier 2
Trade - Tier 2
Exploration - Tier 3
Development - Tier 2
Recruiting - Tier 3 (I'd like to see any limitations on capping commendations not apply to this category btw)

If I cap Diplomacy I get a 2.5% additional XP requirement per tier added to each other category. Then I cap Engineering I get another 2.5% on the remaining categories. Basically the more categories I cap the longer it'll take to cap any one remaining category until I get to the last category available to me which by that point should drag out a fair amount of time.

Is this something even possible with the current tech?

After looking at the pics uploaded recently I have a thought.
Instead of just saying "JoeBlow is on Reserve" could we see an "active" LCAR button next to all officers in our roster that are active? Was that in the pics and I overlooked it?
Lt. Commander
# 1102
08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
More screenshots. Showing some of the early functional filtering mechanics, reward screens, and plenty of pixels for you to pick apart for active roster skill lists and the like.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&notif_t=like
Image Shack - http://imageshack.us/g/27/doff01b.jpg/
Ooh, Deltans Doffs confirmed! Well, either that or we're getting impossible assignments requiring races we can't use.

Great to see more screenshots. One thing, though; can I ask why you always upload such low res pics? They're big enough to make out the text, but just barely. Rather than making us squint and hurt our eyes (especially for those of use without great eyesight), would it be possible that you could upload pics that are just a tiny bit larger? Anyway, thanks a lot, and I can't wait for this system! Hope I get into redshirt, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 1103
08-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3reakmanx View Post
Ooh, Deltans Doffs confirmed! Well, either that or we're getting impossible assignments requiring races we can't use.

Great to see more screenshots. One thing, though; can I ask why you always upload such low res pics? They're big enough to make out the text, but just barely. Rather than making us squint and hurt our eyes (especially for those of use without great eyesight), would it be possible that you could upload pics that are just a tiny bit larger? Anyway, thanks a lot, and I can't wait for this system! Hope I get into redshirt, heh.
Imageshack defaults to reducing pics to 800x600. You have set it to 'Do Not Resize' to get full-res pics (I found this out the hard way). Maybe Heretic doesn't realize that? So Heretic, heads up man.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 1104
08-26-2011, 11:55 PM
or he is doing it as a tease to prevent people seeing all the Easter eggs till its done
Lt. Commander
# 1105
08-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epnathan
or he is doing it as a tease to prevent people seeing all the Easter eggs till its done
I could understand that, but you can still read all the text and see all the icons and everything. It's just hard on your eyes, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 1106
08-27-2011, 05:15 AM
In my opinion it would be interesting to have some sort of penalty missions caused by critical failures of other missions. Something like: "Dispatch a delegation to the you-name-it administartion in order to apologize for the diplomatic disaster caused by sending your targ to some previous conference."
Lt. Commander
# 1107
08-27-2011, 06:06 AM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8352/doff0201.jpg

Hmmm is that some sort of fancy experimental weapon reward? I see?
Lt. Commander
# 1108
08-27-2011, 06:11 AM
Looks like there is a turret icon among listed rewards. The mission has a low probablilty of sucess though.
Lt. Commander
# 1109
08-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilder View Post
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8352/doff0201.jpg

Hmmm is that some sort of fancy experimental weapon reward? I see?
Hope I can get my unhappily married drunkard irish Chief on the job
Lt. Commander
# 1110
08-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woril View Post
Looks like there is a turret icon among listed rewards. The mission has a low probablilty of sucess though.
I wonder what happens on a disaster outcome? The weapon blows up in the DOff's face and lands the DOff in sickbay (since they can't be killed unless they're a white/common quality DOff)?