Lt. Commander
# 1121
08-28-2011, 06:14 PM
are you going to put any side missons in the any of the stfs?
Lt. Commander
# 1122
08-28-2011, 09:48 PM
just want to add:

1: It may be the IT Dept. that does not want ppl installing software they have not vetted that prevents heretic from installing GIMP or whatever.

2: it may also help to lower the resolution of the game client before taking the screenshot as well. (but if imageshack is resizing them, disabling that would be best.)
Lt. Commander
# 1123
08-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Which reminds me: There WILL be a way to see the rewards at each tier in each commendation won't there? This way people spend less time climbing up tiers they might not want rewards from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
It should just like you can see the rewards for each Diplomacy tier by clicking on the XP bar at the top of the screen.
Yes, exactly this. The Diplomacy reward schedule is being updated to be a Commendation reward schedule including both Diplomacy as well as all of the new Commendation category rewards.

Rewards for tiering up also include opening up new assignments (which obviously won't be explicitly shown - we want you to discover these organically) and is, as well, a work in progress. Right now it's thinner than I would like, but we're working to strengthen it and will continue to work on it even after the system is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graetwulff View Post
are you going to put any side missons in the any of the stfs?
Assuming by missions you mean duty officer assignments, the answer is TBD. It will depend on Content's schedule and timing.
Lt. Commander
# 1124
08-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

Assuming by missions you mean duty officer assignments, the answer is TBD. It will depend on Content's schedule and timing.
i hope you guys have the time

like submisson in infecnted, the cure, ka,

misson that could help with the last boss,

infected
misson end up have the timers on the borg in boss room extaned or something on those lines
Lt. Commander
# 1125
08-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
More screenshots. Showing some of the early functional filtering mechanics, reward screens, and plenty of pixels for you to pick apart for active roster skill lists and the like.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&notif_t=like
Image Shack - http://imageshack.us/g/27/doff01b.jpg/
WARNING, I followed the image shack thread and my computer was hijacked. Might sound alarmist, however, after following the link, and clicking on a picture to get a better view; an unknown anti-virus program popped up and started to scan my computer. It said I had Trojans, Malware, worms, etc....about 15 before i stopped it.

I had run my Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware program Friday night, therefore, I know I did not have anything lurking on my computer, the only logical conclusion is that the link is a trap. As that was the first and only thing I did that day.

The program would not allow me to start: My Anti-Virus, My Anti-Malware Program, CMD, MSCONFIG, and Windows Restore. It also wouldn't allow me to put my computer in safe mode.

I had to do an image restore, now I am back up and working, but several months behind.

Figured I would warn you all. Heretic you should prob remove the link.
Lt. Commander
# 1126
08-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Its a trick advert, its not a antivirus program running, its an advert for one that just looks like one is running.
Lt. Commander
# 1127
08-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Usually it is safer simply to kill your browser process without clicking on anything in case if something pretending to be an anti-virus program you have never installed pops up in your browser.
Lt. Commander
# 1128
08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
appreciate the replys, yet it couldnt have been that. Because, I killed all processes, rebooted and it ran again. and again, and again. It blocked all attempts to stop it and eliminate it.

Strangely enough, I run firefox with all pop-ups blocked, yet this pop-up still happened.
Lt. Commander
# 1129
08-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Got hit by this a few times. Certain ad companies don't check their client's ads closely enough to make sure the code is secure and legal. One of the methods I found for fixing this type of problem is to find the activation key for the fake antivirus software so I can get access to task manager, terminate the offending program, then delete the program. There might be simpler solutions for this.
Lt. Commander
# 1130
08-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know that we finished a high-level review of the system from the leads and directors in preparation for the system rolling out to the closed beta. The reaction was very positive, and there were a number of good suggestions for streamlining the presentation which we'll be looking at this week, but no huge changes were requested.

All in all, this is great news in terms of things staying on schedule for the duty officer system. Just a little longer, and you'll all be able to get your hands on it and figure out brand new ways to break it and make me stay late at night figuring out how to fix things.