Lt. Commander
# 1131
08-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know that we finished a high-level review of the system from the leads and directors in preparation for the system rolling out to the closed beta. The reaction was very positive, and there were a number of good suggestions for streamlining the presentation which we'll be looking at this week, but no huge changes were requested.

All in all, this is great news in terms of things staying on schedule for the duty officer system. Just a little longer, and you'll all be able to get your hands on it and figure out brand new ways to break it and make me stay late at night figuring out how to fix things.
and we'll all enjoy every second of it
Lt. Commander
# 1132
08-30-2011, 06:18 PM
The Federation and KDF are going to discuss a ceasefire. To represent the FEDs Ill send my Romulan DOff with 10 tribbles as a peace offering. Lets see if that breaks it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 1133
08-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
you'll all be able to get your hands on it and figure out brand new ways to break it
ooooooh we can certainly do THAT!!
Lt. Commander
# 1134
08-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Just a little longer, and you'll all be able to get your hands on it and figure out brand new ways to break it and make me stay late at night figuring out how to fix things.
In Soviet Russia, DOff system breaks YOU!

Thanks man.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 1135
08-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know that we finished a high-level review of the system from the leads and directors in preparation for the system rolling out to the closed beta. The reaction was very positive, and there were a number of good suggestions for streamlining the presentation which we'll be looking at this week, but no huge changes were requested.

All in all, this is great news in terms of things staying on schedule for the duty officer system. Just a little longer, and you'll all be able to get your hands on it and figure out brand new ways to break it and make me stay late at night figuring out how to fix things.
It is always nice to get some good news
Lt. Commander
# 1136
08-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Hey guys,

I have an idea for this testing... Make it a month long event in spirit of Staff and Players working together for the duration of the testing to make sure we break as much as we can find to break so its near perfect when it launches. I'd recommend for like a special prize for everyone who tests like atleast 5-6 days of each of the 4 weeks of it (I'm guessing from previous posts it will be a month long test or longer) that they get like a bottomless keg of bloodwine or whatever fed players drink for heals lol Maybe a Keg of Prune Juice for all the Worf fans It's a fun way of practicing to heal yourself in a social setting for social areas like the academys *wink* *wink*
Lt. Commander
# 1137
08-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Hey guys,

Give me an address and I'll send you some wicked coffee beans to grind up at the office and brew some fierce coffee.
Lt. Commander
# 1138
08-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Just a little longer, and you'll all be able to get your hands on it and figure out brand new ways to break it and make me stay late at night figuring out how to fix things.
I'm actually looking forward to logging on to tribble this October (fingers crossed).

I know it's not going to be huge thing and I'm trying not to get too excited, but for me season 4 was all about the DOffs (and the FEs). Besides... From what I can tell you stay late nights anyways

The updates and your work on this are much appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 1139
08-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
[...]

So season 4.5 is finally coming soon(=next 2 weeks on tribble).
Lt. Commander
# 1140
08-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post

So season 4.5 is finally coming soon(=next 2 weeks on tribble).
From what they said it's going to a closed beta (ie a few invitees) on the internal Redshirt sever (Foundry closed beta was on that server too for quite a while before it went to Tribble) for a few weeks; then to Tribble for a few more weeks - then Live on Holodeck (around 10/22/11)