Lt. Commander
# 1421
09-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Yeah...bring it, real Klingons aren't scared of a DOFF system. Will the marauding system also be released with this DOFF system since I believe you all stated that the DOFF system will be what some of the Marauding XP will come from???.... I sure hope we haven't been forgotten again... I am beginning to loathe the phrase 'coming soon' (tm)....lol.......
Marauding is a part of the doff system. So it's just one release.
Lt. Commander
# 1422
09-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Yeah...bring it, real Klingons aren't scared of a DOFF system. Will the marauding system also be released with this DOFF system since I believe you all stated that the DOFF system will be what some of the Marauding XP will come from???.... I sure hope we haven't been forgotten again... I am beginning to loathe the phrase 'coming soon' (tm)....lol.......
Currently, Marauding XP is primarily gained through the duty officer system. Marauding and Diplomacy assignments will both be available when the system is launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Testing incentives or playing incentives?
Our goal for this release to Tribble will be to get as many people on the game, poking at it, and trying to break everything so when it goes live we have all of the inevitable issues worked out - and there is no way there won't need to be a significant amount of iteration for the duty officer system.

For the duty officer system, I want to see how fast people progress through things, what the actual xp and rewards rate are, and most importantly of all, what aspects do people like and what aspects do people not like so we can - where feasible - tweak things towards the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Well, most of the people HERE, in this thread, will probably be spending a great deal of time testing it when they're able to. Most people in-game don't read the forums though. Heck, there are still people on the forums that have no idea what's going on about the switch from Tribble to Redshirt, so even the fact that there is news posted here about the DOff system doesn't mean everyone is reading it or even knows about it.
This. The number of people on the forums is tiny compared to the playerbase, and the number of people who actually post is a similarly tiny fraction of the people who read the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 1423
09-20-2011, 11:50 AM
I can see myself testing this so much that i break the world.
Lt. Commander
# 1424
09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
I really hope there are tribble test rewards for testing the Doff and F2P stuff.

I may be starved for content but I'm also not a fan of playing broken content. Unless there is some perk I'd rather wait till the stuff hits live to play it. We've already waited 6+ months for most of this stuff so waiting a few more weeks isn't a big deal to me.
Lt. Commander
# 1425
09-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I can see myself testing this so much that i break the world.
I've just had a curious thought process... lol

I responded to this in my mind, "Oooh, I want to help you break the world" and then thought "Wait a minute, this is an MMO, will it be possible for players to complete multiplayer DOff assignments? Has this even been considered? And if so how would that work?"

Will we be able to at beta launch or will we be able to later on have more than one player assign a DOff to the same mission assignment?

Would there be a point in doing this?

P.S. Did anyone like the assignment ideas I posted on the last page?
Lt. Commander
# 1426
09-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
I really hope there are tribble test rewards for testing the Doff and F2P stuff.

I may be starved for content but I'm also not a fan of playing broken content. Unless there is some perk I'd rather wait till the stuff hits live to play it. We've already waited 6+ months for most of this stuff so waiting a few more weeks isn't a big deal to me.
Yes, among other rewards, there will be specific rewards on Holodeck for testing the duty officer system on Tribble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Will we be able to at beta launch or will we be able to later on have more than one player assign a DOff to the same mission assignment?
This has been discussed as a likely direction for fleet assignments when we turn our attention to fleets and starbases after the duty officer system is live and stable.
Lt. Commander
# 1427
09-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Any indication when we can start testing it?
Lt. Commander
# 1428
09-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Any indication when we can start testing it?
I must know too!!! <3
Lt. Commander
# 1429
09-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Yes, among other rewards, there will be specific rewards on Holodeck for testing the duty officer system on Tribble.
I smell a tribble that when pet enhances slotted doff abilities by a percentage. OR, to make things a bit different, a doff. OH! Like EQAH! The Emergency Quality Assurance Hologram of Farktoid and Zero fame! That would make a great test reward. Dunno what they would do, but it I would be for it.
Lt. Commander
# 1430
09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
This has been discussed as a likely direction for fleet assignments when we turn our attention to fleets and starbases after the duty officer system is live and stable.
Oh this sounds... this sounds like fleets might be able to transfer spare DOffs to (and maybe from?) fleet starbases and could possibly do starbase DOff assignments?