Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1501
09-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Duty officer assignments are available on social maps - ground and system - and also sector maps. They may also be available in some select missions. Assignments are also available in your ship interior if your ship is currently on one of the above types of maps.

Non-social system maps = mission space maps.
Ah ok. So basically everywhere except mission maps(unless that specific map has been made to have a Doff mission)?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1502
09-21-2011, 06:52 PM
I think what we are trying to figure out is, can we be sitting anywhere in space, as long as its not in a combat zone (like a patrol mission or something), and still be in the interior of the ship using the doff roster or whatnot?

AND can we sit in out captain chair/readyroom chair and use it? Currently we cant sit in the chair and use the mission log. We have to be standing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1503
09-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I think what we are trying to figure out is, can we be sitting anywhere in space, as long as its not in a combat zone (like a patrol mission or something), and still be in the interior of the ship using the doff roster or whatnot?

AND can we sit in out captain chair/readyroom chair and use it? Currently we cant sit in the chair and use the mission log. We have to be standing.
I dont think you can go to your bridge from within a mission. You have to be in a space sector.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1504
09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ah ok. So basically everywhere except mission maps(unless that specific map has been made to have a Doff mission)?
Correct. I have to tag every individual map to be "doff-able", and I think I caught them all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I think what we are trying to figure out is, can we be sitting anywhere in space, as long as its not in a combat zone (like a patrol mission or something), and still be in the interior of the ship using the doff roster or whatnot?

AND can we sit in out captain chair/readyroom chair and use it? Currently we cant sit in the chair and use the mission log. We have to be standing.
Yes, you can be sitting anywhere in space as long as it is not a combat zone, be on your ship interior, and use the duty officer system.

I believe you should be able to sit in the chair and use the duty officer system, since calling it up is part of the UI rather than be an interactable object like the mission log is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1505
09-21-2011, 07:06 PM
While we're fresh off your post:

Any word on the Vulcan Love Slave HoloBOff duty officer mission string? <.<
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1506
09-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Are there any missions currently that have been made doff-able? (love that word btw)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1507
09-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Doffing your hat! The act where a captain of a starship assigns "Ensign Ricky" to hold his/her hat. xD
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1508
09-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Doffing your hat! The act where a captain of a starship assigns "Ensign Ricky" to hold his/her hat. xD
Well great. Now I'll be disappointed if the reward for testing the DOff system on Red Shirt isn't a DOff with a top hat and a monocle...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1509
09-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Duty officer assignments are available on social maps - ground and system - and also sector maps. They may also be available in some select missions. Assignments are also available in your ship interior if your ship is currently on one of the above types of maps.

Non-social system maps = mission space maps.
What I find interesting is that this suggests the server has more "awareness" of a ship'slocation while you're inside it than it used to have, it would seem.

I note that the loading screens for space maps also have a preview image that is just about viewscreen proportions.

Would be really cool if the viewscreens used that preview image.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1510
09-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
What I find interesting is that this suggests the server has more "awareness" of a ship'slocation while you're inside it than it used to have, it would seem.
I found that interesting also. The game knows where to send our avatar when we exit ship interiors. The DO System may be tapping into that mechanic to determine our previous location while on the bridge, etc.

In any case, very cool that we'll be able to use this from our bridge or from the captain's chair! At least that's one trek thing we can do on the bridge. A shame we might never be able to set a course from the bridge or hail a friend on the main viewscreen.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55 AM.