Lt. Commander
# 1591
09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrion
Interesting.
Do you have a dev post to back this up ? I must have missed it.
From the path to FTP blog:
Quote:
One thing you'll notice that is different with Tribble is that we are not going to allow the transferring of characters from Holodeck to the shard at this time. This isn't a bug. It's intentional. We'll be opening up character transfer in two or three weeks, but until then we're looking to get your feedback on the updated tutorial and early portions of the game. So make sure you head to the STO forums and let us know what you think!
So it'll be open later maybe, but I guess right now they want to simulate the rush of new players or see how people react to the 12 level gate on doff stuff.

Edit: Looks like I was beaten tot he punch.
Lt. Commander
# 1592
09-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Whole point is moot, though, because the tribble test won't be allowing transfers anyway.
not right away as they want to test the tutorial and early game stuff first.

from the F2P dev blog
Quote:
One thing you'll notice that is different with Tribble is that we are not going to allow the transferring of characters from Holodeck to the shard at this time. This isn't a bug. It's intentional. We'll be opening up character transfer in two or three weeks, but until then we're looking to get your feedback on the updated tutorial and early portions of the game.
edit: lol beat to that one
Lt. Commander
# 1593
09-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks RedshirtFodder, Hevach, Camino !
I hadn't read that yet, lol

I guess thats one of the easiest ways of ensuring that people test the new tutorials, heh.

Edit: So, fingers crossed for a way to rest Diplomatic Ranks when they do finally allow character transfers !
Lt. Commander
# 1594
09-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camino
not right away as they want to test the tutorial and early game stuff first.

from the F2P dev blog

edit: lol beat to that one
I highly doubt it will take the 2-3 weeks until they start allowing character transfers to get a new toon to level 12
Lt. Commander
# 1595
09-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
Is there any testing plan or some kind of instructions what we should test with a priority or do you want us to just play as usual?

Also will there be a forum for the Tribble test server? Because I don't think it will make sense to post our feedback in the normal forum.
The duty officer system is brand new, and although it is still being iterated on and filled in, I am looking for the full gamut:
  • What makes sense? What doesn't?
  • Can you level just using assignments?
  • Are individual active roster powers too powerful? Not powerful enough?
  • After the novelty has worn off, what is the usual play pattern for the system? How often do you check assignments?

A Tribble forum will be available, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
The only useful information from the lack of feedback will be, that they see who is grinding how fast to test. It won't tell them anything about the functionality or bugs of the DOFFs. I don't have a problem with starting new characters at all, I'm just saying that this will be a wasted week of testing time for the DOff system due to the lack of participants, that's all.
This issue was in fact raised, and you're right, we will lose at least a couple of days of potential duty officer testing because of this, but given the intended length of this beta, I think it's not going to prove a critical problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Is the Klingon Academy also going to be available for Doff purposes?
When the Klingon Academy is available, yes. The duty officer assignments are already hooked up to it, but you can't access them until the academy is accessible in game.
Lt. Commander
# 1596
09-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
When the Klingon Academy is available, yes. The duty officer assignments are already hooked up to it, but you can't access them until the academy is accessible in game.
Cryptic screws the KDF again.
Lt. Commander
# 1597
09-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
I've seen the KA zone from a half dozen more screenshots. It's beautiful.
Lt. Commander
# 1598
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I've seen the KA zone from a half dozen more screenshots. It's beautiful.
Where did you see these other screenshots?? Link please!!
Lt. Commander
# 1599
09-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Where did you see these other screenshots?? Link please!!
Did you ever see those leaked Borg ground battle map pics? It's in the same album (although, not in the slideshow that was linked here)
Lt. Commander
# 1600
09-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Yeah, having the KA Acedemy equipped to handle DOffs fresh out of the oven is totally screwing over the KDF--

Wait what?