Lt. Commander
# 1601
09-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
When the Klingon Academy is available, yes. The duty officer assignments are already hooked up to it, but you can't access them until the academy is accessible in game.
That sounds like your saying it will not be accessible for the F2P version. Or am I misunderstanding?
Lt. Commander
# 1602
09-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
That sounds like your saying it will not be accessible for the F2P version. Or am I misunderstanding?
I wonder what the frakkin hold up is with th KDF academy???
Lt. Commander
# 1603
09-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Well, as I said in another thread I'm guessing that since they have changed the starting level for the KDF that we wont be seeing the Academy until they add in the low level content at a later date. But thats simply a guess, which is why I'm asking for clarification.
Lt. Commander
# 1604
09-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Well, as I said in another thread I'm guessing that since they have changed the starting level for the KDF that we wont be seeing the Academy until they add in the low level content at a later date. But thats simply a guess, which is why I'm asking for clarification.
You could see it now:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...61026&page=345
Lt. Commander
# 1605
09-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Since the KDF won't be starting until level 18+ with F2P it would seem to make more sense for the KDF academy to be held until the new tuturial and pre-18 missions are all ready to be added. If the really want to restart the KDF correctly at some future point, it doesn't make sense to add content to it prior to that.
Lt. Commander
# 1606
09-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I'm pretty sure Nagus meant seeing it as in seeing it in-game. But I bet you already knew that.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 1607
09-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Since the KDF won't be starting until level 18+ with F2P it would seem to make more sense for the KDF academy to be held until the new tuturial and pre-18 missions are all ready to be added. If the really want to restart the KDF correctly at some future point, it doesn't make sense to add content to it prior to that.
Even without the tutorial or other content, Federation side, the academy plays some part in getting duty officers - as Heretic mentioned we can even use it to game the system and start getting doffs one level early due to a bug.

Since the map exists, even without a tutorial, it makes sense for the Klingons to have an equivalent, rather than packing more services into Quo'nos that will only be duplicated.
Lt. Commander
# 1608
09-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
THANK YOU Darren!! ... Yup, I'm gonna be hanging out there in my Honor Guard armor calling all the new Bekks worthless Dead Gagh!!

I wonder how many lines of R. Lee Ermey's that I change from Full Metal Jacket to be more Klingon? lol
Lt. Commander
# 1609
09-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
THANK YOU Darren!! ... Yup, I'm gonna be hanging out there in my Honor Guard armor calling all the new Bekks worthless Dead Gagh!!

I wonder how many lines of R. Lee Ermey's that I change from Full Metal Jacket to be more Klingon? lol
I'm Sergeant Martok, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and the last word out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

If you ladies leave my island, if you survive the Klingon Academy, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Qo'nos. You are not even klingon-****ing-beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian ****!

You will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair.

There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on Greeners, Pinkskins, Pointy-Ears, or Ferengi. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Empire. Do you maggots understand that?
Lt. Commander
# 1610
09-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Regardless of the start level for Klingons, the Klingon Academy will be available at the launch of F2P, complete with the special duty officer assignments available there.