Lt. Commander
# 1621
10-01-2011, 08:52 AM
It is on Tribble, you need to be Level 12 to access the system.
Lt. Commander
# 1622
10-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veotax View Post
It is on Tribble, you need to be Level 12 to access the system.
Thanks. But Level 12? Lame. Even a Miranda should have duty officers, you and your first couple BOs cant run a starship all by themselves realistically.
Lt. Commander
# 1623
10-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Thanks. But Level 12? Lame. Even a Miranda should have duty officers, you and your first couple BOs cant run a starship all by themselves realistically.
Hmm, I actually have to wonder about that. How many mooks did Khan have onboard the Reliant?

Even still, maybe this starting cap for duty officers would make a little more sense if all the newbie ships were Runabouts or equivalents, with frigates opening up at Lt. Commander instead, but there's no way that such a radical shift in the tiers will ever happen now. Too bad, I'd be all for that, if only to make STO feel more like Escape Velocity.
Lt. Commander
# 1624
10-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsaber View Post
Hmm, I actually have to wonder about that. How many mooks did Khan have onboard the Reliant?

Even still, maybe this starting cap for duty officers would make a little more sense if all the newbie ships were Runabouts or equivelents, with frigates opening up at Lt. Commander instead, but there's no way that such a radical shift in the tiers will ever happen now. Too bad, I'd be all for that, if only to make STO feel more like Escape Velocity.
i quite like the idea of only having a runabout and the likes for the starting levels makes more sence to me you get the Miranda in the turotial then you have to give it up and go in a run about why not
Lt. Commander
# 1625
10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsaber View Post

Even still, maybe this starting cap for duty officers would make a little more sense if all the newbie ships were Runabouts or equivalents, with frigates opening up at Lt. Commander instead, but there's no way that such a radical shift in the tiers will ever happen now. Too bad, I'd be all for that, if only to make STO feel more like Escape Velocity.
Kahn had more mooks then just himself and 3 people thats for sure. It seemed he at at least 20 people with him. Hopefully they reconsider it, even if you just restrict how many DOFFs a Lt has to like 5 or so, it should be there from the beginning, its lame like it is.

Though It could be interesting starting off in a runabout, then you probaly dont need DOFFs
Lt. Commander
# 1626
10-01-2011, 11:49 AM
does anyone know how you get more duty officers?
Lt. Commander
# 1627
10-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
does anyone know how you get more duty officers?
Starfleet Academy.
Lt. Commander
# 1628
10-01-2011, 12:53 PM
I went to starfleet academy, and there was nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 1629
10-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
I went to starfleet academy, and there was nothing.
Go there, look in the assignments, scroll down to the bottom. There's always two recruitment missions there: One to get several white/green doffs, one to get a single blue/purple doff. They take a while, but they can't fail at least.
Lt. Commander
# 1630
10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Question: Is there a reason for extreme failure rates on "Evaluate [race] [department] Bridge Officer Applicant" assignments? I managed to match all three of the success traits on one, and it still has a 71% disaster, 21% fail, 7% success, 1% critical success chance. It's already a 4 day assignment.