Lt. Commander
# 161
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't know if this has been asked already, I couldn't see it from skimming though previous posts though.

I can see that players have an active duty officer roster, how many DoFF's can you have on your roster though and is it effected by the player rank and or ship? For example, you mention that a player can have DoFF's on your active roster and these will give buffs to your ship. If I'm an Admiral, will I be able to have more DoFF's slotted in than a captain, or will the ammount of Doff's I can have slotted in be dependant on the ship I am flying?

If either of these cases are how the syetm works, is there a rough guide as to how many Doff's you can have in your active duty roster at a time (in regards to giving you buffs).
Lt. Commander
# 162
06-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Can my Gorns have the option of literally eating DOffs I don't want?

Mammals are tasty and if their parents didn't want them eaten they should stop making their children out of succulent meat. :p
Sure, why not.

NOW, can we make belts, boots, hats, & overcoats out of Gorns if they get "eaten"? No point in wasting the hide .
Lt. Commander
# 163
06-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Can I throw a DOFF in the brig? Will DOFFs ever betray us or do anything random that creates internal issues for us to handle? Will they ever defect or "go native" if I send them on a mission? Will any of their missions be personal in nature (needs a vacation, spiritual journey, honeymoon)?
Lt. Commander
# 164
06-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid-Fugazi
Can I throw a DOFF in the brig? Will DOFFs ever betray us or do anything random that creates internal issues for us to handle? Will they ever defect or "go native" if I send them on a mission? Will any of their missions be personal in nature (needs a vacation, spiritual journey, honeymoon)?
There is a prisoner category. I imagine of the enemy faction, and a mission for prisoner exchange or something similar.
Lt. Commander
# 165
06-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Can my Gorns have the option of literally eating DOffs I don't want?

Mammals are tasty and if their parents didn't want them eaten they should stop making their children out of succulent meat. :p
thats where i always assumed the BOffs i dismissed went, nom nom
Lt. Commander
# 166
06-20-2011, 10:57 PM
If we have an assignment that requires 10 Industrial Replicator commodities, do we have to have them present on the ship's inventory when we begin or can they be taken from my bank, similarly to the way samples are pulled from the bank during crafting. I assume this is going to work like crafting but I wanted to confirm.
Lt. Commander
# 167
06-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
I can see that players have an active duty officer roster, how many DoFF's can you have on your roster though and is it effected by the player rank and or ship? For example, you mention that a player can have DoFF's on your active roster and these will give buffs to your ship. If I'm an Admiral, will I be able to have more DoFF's slotted in than a captain, or will the ammount of Doff's I can have slotted in be dependant on the ship I am flying?

If either of these cases are how the syetm works, is there a rough guide as to how many Doff's you can have in your active duty roster at a time (in regards to giving you buffs).
The number of duty officers on your active roster will probably scale with rank from around 10-ish to around 20-ish. They will probably be split between Space and Ground. The number will not be linked in any way to the ship you are flying, and if you switch ships your duty rosters will automatically move with you.

The number of duty officers on your reserve roster is currently planned to be about 100 with some capacity for increasing it in size - the details on that are still being worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid-Fugazi
Duty officers will not do anything random, but things can happen in the form of assignments. For example, if you do the "Execute Mutineers" assignment on the KDF side, you'll lose some duty officers of your choice but gain a lot of Honor. Similarly, you can attain prisoner duty officers of the other faction with which several other assignments will use for prisoner exchanges, interrogations and the like.

As for personal assignments, kind of - you will have opportunities to send them to tournaments or engineering conferences or shore leave, but the assignments won't be specifically tailored to them by name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
If we have an assignment that requires 10 Industrial Replicator commodities, do we have to have them present on the ship's inventory when we begin or can they be taken from my bank, similarly to the way samples are pulled from the bank during crafting. I assume this is going to work like crafting but I wanted to confirm.
I will have to check on this - I had assumed they needed to be in your ship's inventory, but hadn't considered the crafting bank possibility. Depends on the code.
Lt. Commander
# 168
06-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
For example, if you do the "Execute Mutineers" assignment on the KDF side, you'll lose some duty officers of your choice but gain a lot of Honor.
Epic... EPIC! XD
Lt. Commander
# 169
06-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Duty officers will not do anything random, but things can happen in the form of assignments. For example, if you do the "Execute Mutineers" assignment on the KDF side, you'll lose some duty officers of your choice but gain a lot of Honor. Similarly, you can attain prisoner duty officers of the other faction with which several other factions will use for prisoner exchanges, interrogations and the like.
Mwahahaha.... this sounds delightful.
Lt. Commander
# 170
06-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
For example, if you do the "Execute Mutineers" assignment on the KDF side, you'll lose some duty officers of your choice but gain a lot of Honor.
That's awesome! Thanks for adding that KDF Kewlness.