Lt. Commander
# 1891
11-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Heretic this is a bit of feed back I got on the DOFF system for the KDF side. For a member of the KDF, raiding (Maurading) is not a dishonorable action. It is a way of life. As such, I think all the Maurading missions that have Honorable as a negative trait should be reworked. Especially considering the large number of KDF Doffs with Honorable as a trait.
I'm not sure I'd say ALL of them. Quite a few of the ones that penalize the honorable trait involve blackmail, selling secrets, or dealing in items banned by the Empire. These underhanded actions have little to do with facing combat, and are definitely not appropriate activities for a Klingon Warrior.
Lt. Commander
# 1892
11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I haven't been able to log in and try the doff system, but it sounds like it's coming along very well.

Is there a dating assignment? You know what I mean. Harry Kim spent most of seven years trying to get one of the whatever sisters to notice him and go out with him. It's an essential part of shipboard life.

With a high chance of failure, obviously.
Lt. Commander
# 1893
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I haven't been able to log in and try the doff system, but it sounds like it's coming along very well.

Is there a dating assignment? You know what I mean. Harry Kim spent most of seven years trying to get one of the whatever sisters to notice him and go out with him. It's an essential part of shipboard life.

With a high chance of failure, obviously.
It would be a recruitment mission, naturally. The reward for a critical success being a new baby DOff.
Lt. Commander
# 1894
11-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyEx
It would be a recruitment mission, naturally. The reward for a critical success being a new baby DOff.
Don't you mean "Disaster"?
Lt. Commander
# 1895
11-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Don't you mean "Disaster"?
I think you're referring to a different one: the Engineering mission "Affix Prophylactic".
Lt. Commander
# 1896
11-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyEx
I think you're referring to a different one: the Engineering mission "Affix Prophylactic".
It might be that very rare Tactical one.. Obtain Heat-Seeking Moisture-Torpedo Prototype
Lt. Commander
# 1897
11-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Is it possible to make the chain of command more apparent? Something like;

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/z...DutyRoster.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 1898
11-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I have to say, after trying these out for awhile on Tribble, that this is very fun! I get a chance to do something every day, even those days when I have very little time to game. Thanks for giving us an added dimension to play.
Lt. Commander
# 1899
11-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeOnasi
I have to say, after trying these out for awhile on Tribble, that this is very fun! I get a chance to do something every day, even those days when I have very little time to game. Thanks for giving us an added dimension to play.
Very much agreed. In my opinion this is the best thing STO has seen since its original launch, and I can only hope it gets greatly expanded upon as the game grows and becomes one of its pillars.

I hope they expand it into more in-depth crafting, exploration, research and so on. They could look at a cerTain OtheR game's similar system for inspiration even.
Lt. Commander
# 1900
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Very much agreed. In my opinion this is the best thing STO has seen since its original launch, and I can only hope it gets greatly expanded upon as the game grows and becomes one of its pillars.

I hope they expand it into more in-depth crafting, exploration, research and so on. They could look at a cerTain OtheR game's similar system for inspiration even.
I see what you did there.

It's not surprising that the DOff system is the best thing since launch. It wasn't designed as a F2P hack to our wallets. It was actually intended to be a fun addition to gameplay. Here's to hopefully seeing lots more of that in the future.

Z