Lt. Commander
# 1921
11-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Ground duty officer question:

1) if I make a tactical duty officer that has a grenade bonus, but I am a engineer, does my tac BO's who throw grenades get the bonus?
2) Why can't I fill up my ground roster with Engineering abilities for the same kit? It is impossible. Or more than one of the same ability like some of the space abilities that can be stacked?
Lt. Commander
# 1922
11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
1. Earlier this month it was in the patch notes that bridge officers now benefit from your ground roster, so yes. I haven't seen it happen with my engineers' turrets, but then I'm not that attentive to my swarm of disposable crap, it's possible they got the extra and I just assumed it was one of their regulars - they rarely get everything down unless I force them to.
2. There's an active roster stacking limit to most, if not all doffs. Some can only do one, some can do two or three.
Lt. Commander
# 1923
11-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
1. Earlier this month it was in the patch notes that bridge officers now benefit from your ground roster, so yes. I haven't seen it happen with my engineers' turrets, but then I'm not that attentive to my swarm of disposable crap, it's possible they got the extra and I just assumed it was one of their regulars - they rarely get everything down unless I force them to.
2. There's an active roster stacking limit to most, if not all doffs. Some can only do one, some can do two or three.
I'm pretty sure that Heretic said awhile back, that it would be a massive undertaking to get the DOff's to also benefit your BOffs...

I've read all the Patch Notes and I don't remember seeing that listed, could you provide a link to that.

(I'm going to go looking for Heretic's quote and will post it here when I find it.)
Lt. Commander
# 1924
11-24-2011, 08:26 PM
He did say that, but it seems to have been enough of a sticking point for many people (both lack of clarity and lack of usability for some kits) to push it through.

Quote:
Bridge officers on the ground will now take advantage of your active rostered duty officers.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=239637
November 4th patch.

Boff tooltips were showing doff effects before that, but weren't actually getting the effect. Now they're supposed to be getting the effect, but like I said, I haven't taken the time to personally confirm it.
Lt. Commander
# 1925
11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
He did say that, but it seems to have been enough of a sticking point for many people (both lack of clarity and lack of usability for some kits) to push it through.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=239637
November 4th patch.

Boff tooltips were showing doff effects before that, but weren't actually getting the effect. Now they're supposed to be getting the effect, but like I said, I haven't taken the time to personally confirm it.
<best Capt Kirk imitation>

(or worst)...

"...I stand corrected..."

Missed that line in the Nov 4th Notes... thank you.

I'm going to have to try it too.
Lt. Commander
# 1926
11-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Execute for Incompetance: Why can't I execute someone who is lying in my sickbay? I have to heal him THEN kill him? I don't want to pay this morons medical bill
Lt. Commander
# 1927
11-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Are the doff buffs currently working or offline? I remember them being taken off, but I don't
recall seeing them being put back on.
Q
Lt. Commander
# 1928
11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quills
Are the doff buffs currently working or offline? I remember them being taken off, but I don't
recall seeing them being put back on.
Q
The Transwarp one hasn't worked to my knowledge, since it first showed up.

But I think you're right, all the DOff buffs on my toon sit at Zero.
Lt. Commander
# 1929
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Could we have the ability to "save" missions for future use?
I am in zone "a" but cant do mission "aa" at the moment. If, an hour later I get the req to do the mission, I can just do the mission rather than flying all the way back to zone "a".
Just a suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 1930
11-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
The Transwarp one hasn't worked to my knowledge, since it first showed up.

But I think you're right, all the DOff buffs on my toon sit at Zero.
I think he's asking about the old buffs you got from shipboard assignments, not the active roster. Those are still turned off.