Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1941
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
n00b question here, but what NPC gives those?
None. Just beam into the map and check available assignments. If the recruitment ones are available they'll be listed.


Z
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1942
12-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
1. Recruitment assignments from the academies.
2. Tiering up commendation categories gives you a free one.
3. Tiering up commendation category opens a dilithium store for more duty officers of that type.
4. Rewards from some rare assignments.
5. Exchange
6. C-Store
Since people while leveling up are supposed to get more doffs than the 'first starter pack/group', are people who were already past those levels going to get those sets of doffs? Or are people were already VA, for example, when this went live just out of luck?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1943
12-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
n00b question here, but what NPC gives those?
Not a NPC, it's from assignments I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.Felix
Since people while leveling up are supposed to get more doffs than the 'first starter pack/group', are people who were already past those levels going to get those sets of doffs? Or are people were already VA, for example, when this went live just out of luck?
Plenty of DOffs in the Exchange
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1944
12-01-2011, 08:30 PM
You get them from fera i think her name is.. and she is at starfleet academy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1945
12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
1. Recruitment assignments from the academies.
2. Tiering up commendation categories gives you a free one.
3. Tiering up commendation category opens a dilithium store for more duty officers of that type.
4. Rewards from some rare assignments.
5. Exchange
6. C-Store
You also forgot:

7. Purchased using Borg STF loot drops at the STF vendors on DS9.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1946
12-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Plenty of DOffs in the Exchange
For outrageous amounts anyone who spends 100K+ on a white doff is either lazy or desperate, which is a far cry form free for Doffs we are supposed to have gotten and would have gotten if we had leveled up past those levels after Season 5 went live.

Plus there still is that oops you bought a Doff of the other faction... you can't use that doff for anything... but your still out the money. They don't even have a warning like the Boffs do as to which faction the Boff is part of.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1947
12-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.Felix
For outrageous amounts anyone who spends 100K+ on a white doff is either lazy or desperate, which is a far cry form free for Doffs we are supposed to have gotten and would have gotten if we had leveled up past those levels after Season 5 went live.

Plus there still is that oops you bought a Doff of the other faction... you can't use that doff for anything... but your still out the money. They don't even have a warning like the Boffs do as to which faction the Boff is part of.
You know, if you successfully complete the "Tour the Universe" event, you'll earn 350,000 EC within less than an hour.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1948
12-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
n00b question here, but what NPC gives those?
Recruitment assignments are sector assignments, most frequently in the academy, but also on ESD and Qo'noS, and more rarely other places as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
You also forgot:
7. Purchased using Borg STF loot drops at the STF vendors on DS9.
Those, too, yep.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1949
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to playing around with the new DOFF system :-)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1950
12-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.Felix
Since people while leveling up are supposed to get more doffs than the 'first starter pack/group', are people who were already past those levels going to get those sets of doffs? Or are people were already VA, for example, when this went live just out of luck?
It's a bug and being worked on. When fixed, you will automatically get the missing Level-up Booster Packs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I'm actually working RIGHT NOW on fixing the bonus DOFF issue so that all old characters will get their bonus packs from level 12, 22, 32, and 42 (or 24, 27, 32, and 42 for Klingons).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
You will auto-magically receive the bonus DOFFs on your existing (pre-Season 5) characters when this patch goes in.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.