Lt. Commander
# 1991 Photonic DOffs Coming Soon
01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
In the interest of keeping the "DOff 101 Guide" up to date, here's some info on Photonic DOFFs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I will be checking into the pipeline today the reintroduction of EMHs. Note it will take a while before it makes its way to Holodeck, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
...The way it works is:
  • When you hit commendation Tier I in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 1000 EC a unique, non-tradable white photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
  • When you hit commendation Tier II in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 10,000 EC a unique, non-tradable green photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
  • When you hit commendation Tier III in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 100,000 EC a unique, non-tradable blue photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
  • When you hit commendation Tier IV in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 1,000,000 EC a unique, non-tradable purple photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.

Other notes:
  • You can have one of each rarity of each particular type of photonic officer, provided you qualify to replicate each officer and pay the requisite energy credits.
  • Photonic officers all have a new trait, "Photonic" - this is using a placeholder icon for now, but is getting its own later.
  • You literally use your replicator to make your officers - no going to the duty officer contact.
  • The duty officer assignments using EMHs have been updated to benefit from the new Photonic trait. Other assignments may later be made to use the Photonic trait as well.
  • The Federation holograms are humans. The KDF holograms are Gorn.
  • The non-Photonic traits a hologram has are fixed, but do change - in some cases - at higher qualities. For example, white holograms all have Stubborn, while the higher qualities do not.
Lt. Commander
# 1992
02-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I dunno if this has been discussed already. But what is the point in having up to 400 duty officers if you can only have up to 20 assignments going at the same time? I'm currently at level 49, I have 34 out of the 71 officers on my roster, just sitting on their hands, not doing anything. I can't assign any more to active duty, because all five ground and space slots are full.

So what's the point?
Lt. Commander
# 1993
02-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Makes simply deciding who to keep and dismiss a lot easier because you can let them pile up more.
It reduces the inventory "cost" of having enough fabrication engineers to stack into those missions that use 4 of them. They see very little use otherwise, and if not for a couple specific assignments you'd never want 4 of them.
It also reduces the inventory cost of keeping space for refugees. They're really useful doffs, since you can drop them off for assylum and get some potentially good doffs for it, but they take up space in the general roster.

200 takes a lot of crew micromanagement out of the system. 400 is... well, 400 is pretty much for obsessive collectors.
Lt. Commander
# 1994
02-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Does assigning your First Officer and Department Heads do anything yet? I saw that DHs were supposed to be able to gain abilities from the doffs in their department....I don't see that anywhere. Nor do I really see any use for them other than a bit of RP/fluff.

I'm not complaining, just making sure I'm not missing some functionality. My highest ranking boff is the XO and the others are just randomly assigned.
Lt. Commander
# 1995
02-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremies1 View Post
Does assigning your First Officer and Department Heads do anything yet? I saw that DHs were supposed to be able to gain abilities from the doffs in their department....I don't see that anywhere. Nor do I really see any use for them other than a bit of RP/fluff.

I'm not complaining, just making sure I'm not missing some functionality. My highest ranking boff is the XO and the others are just randomly assigned.
The FO and DH as they exist now in the DOff system are purely ornamental. The only affect having them assigned is determining which of your BOs pictures you see when you receive DOff Assignment Recommendations.

A future "First Officer" feature is in the works (but still a long ways away (months?)) that will in some way allow one or more of your BOs to improve themselves by "consuming" your Duty Officer's abilities (by consuming it's meant RP-wise that the DOff will become a part of the BO's personal staff). The current selection process is a babystep in this direction.
Lt. Commander
Hi,

I tried a search, and can't find an answer, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question.

I have plenty of crew, but I just got my first light cruiser style ship that has 4 bridge openings, instead of 3, and I can't seem to fill one of the positions.

It's the engineering spot, and when I drop down the menu I only have 2 options...1) Use somebody that already is in another spot, or 2) have nobody.

I've messed around shuffling people into other positions with no resolution.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I get more bridge officers?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 1997
03-01-2012, 04:17 PM
You can get a bridge officer by;

1. On Earth's Space Dock, there's a lady named Elsa Mora. You can purchase a BOFF from her.

2. Have your duty officers complete recruiting missions for bridge officers.

3. Purchase one on the Exchange.

With option 2, it may not be an engineering officer, so options 1 and 2 may be a better choice if you're looking for something specific. Once you obtain the bridge officer, press your K key on your keyboard to bring up the Skills screen, then click the Stations tab. Your available bridge officers will be listed on the right. Right click your engineer and then click Commission.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 1998
03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanCorrigan View Post

1. On Earth's Space Dock, there's a lady named Elsa Mora. You can purchase a BOFF from her.

With option 2, it may not be an engineering officer, so options 1 and 2 may be a better choice if you're looking for something specific. Once you obtain the bridge officer, press your K key on your keyboard to bring up the Skills screen, then click the Stations tab. Your available bridge officers will be listed on the right. Right click your engineer and then click Commission.

Hope that helps.
Thanks SO much!
Lt. Commander
# 1999
03-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanCorrigan View Post

Hope that helps.
What if when you double click on a newly bought bridge officer, it says "There is no room for another bridge officer"?
Lt. Commander
# 2000
03-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Then you don't have any empty slots (visible in your boff list as gray slots below your last commissioned officer). You can dismiss ones you aren't using to replace them, or buy more slots. Boff slots are one of the more restrictive limitations on silvers.