Lt. Commander
# 411
07-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejamieelliot1987
I agree, we all need to be patient on this, but asking when is a fair question, last time I asked I understand that they were not willing/able to give us an ETA on when. But that was a week or so ago, maybe things have changed?
Still don't have a firm date I can give you guys, unfortunately. Development here on the internals of the system is quickly getting resolved, however, and we really appreciate your patience, especially given that things have taken longer than we originally anticipated.
Lt. Commander
# 412
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Still don't have a firm date I can give you guys, unfortunately. Development here on the internals of the system is quickly getting resolved, however, and we really appreciate your patience, especially given that things have taken longer than we originally anticipated.
Cool beans thanks for the update. I've been away from STO and the forums for a while and probably will not play very regularly until this system of the Department head system is in, it'll give me a little more to do.
Lt. Commander
# 413
07-05-2011, 05:00 PM
any chance of a screenshot of the kdf look of it ?????
Lt. Commander
# 414
07-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
Agreed ^^

I'm excited to hear things are progressing quickly though.

Even if you can't give us a Firm date what about a soft week? :p

Also, I know you've been saying this delay has allowed you guys to add more stuff to the system. Mind quantifying roughly what we're getting thanks to the delay that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise? I think that might help people with this delay

"So we get a 1000 assignments originally but now we get 1600." Something like this...
Lt. Commander
# 415
07-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Agreed ^^

I'm excited to hear things are progressing quickly though.

Even if you can't give us a Firm date what about a soft week? :p

Also, I know you've been saying this delay has allowed you guys to add more stuff to the system. Mind quantifying roughly what we're getting thanks to the delay that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise? I think that might help people with this delay

"So we get a 1000 assignments originally but now we get 1600." Something like this...
from the feeling i got from the talk ages ago its going to work alot like the ac system, you have a mission it requires so many hit point, armour points etc to complete, 6 lvl 1 doffs can complete it 5 can complete with a chance to fail etc, they wander off for a bit on a timer then come back complete with a reward or fail and die. the better the reward and xp gained the more doffs or higher level doffs needed todo it.

only thing i can see on how it can be getting hard is on either how they are going to make the doffs work ontop of the doff missions themselves like the ship bonus's or any extras they are going to give like doff backup, im in trouble send in the doffs and they come attack what your attacking or them trying to create the system with enough differences to anything else out there not to infrindge copyright of another games systems.

of course there is also all the c-store stuff on how they can balance the real money to game earned reward as c-store was always said to not give game changing or adancing for people who can pay for it which the mvam or whatever its called got too close to for me.
Lt. Commander
# 416
07-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I too would like to hear more about the KDF DOff System. Heretic you've been doing a great job keeping us posted. And when I dont see you on the forums as much I know your either working hard on this DOff System or taking some well deserved time off. You are appreciated
Lt. Commander
# 417
07-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
First Officer abilities are currently planned to consist of a single new active power and three passive powers. They are currently planned to have nothing to do with bridge officer stations. Obviously, all of this could change as we move deeper into the design process, as we are currently very early in the development cycle for this feature.
I would like to suggest that you do consider making the First Officer slot a new BOFF appropriate character level rank universal ship slot (i.e. Commander for Captain and above level characters) with the new DOFF passives any Duty Officer can absorb. I have no idea what the new active power(s) are supposed to be , so I don't know if they would still be appropriate if the First Officer is also a new universal BOFF slot.

Allowing the First Officer to be a new universal BOFF slot for a ship would add alot more flexibility to the current BOFF ship system, and largely eliminate the need to put out more variants of ships with specific BOFF slot arrangements to fill in missing or requested gaps.
Lt. Commander
# 418
07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
with the difficulty settings set to higher levels any thought to having the doffs "get hurt/ and or die" if you loss crew when a space combat? It would add some realism to the crew pool loss for us.
Lt. Commander
# 419
07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
There's a temporary hold on new screenshots until the madness associated with the first wave of Season 4 getting out the door subsides. I will see what I can do after that, though. In the meantime, be assured that the KDF side of it is perfectly abreast of the Federation development. Might want to start stockpiling commodities, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post

Super-hard question.

Um, probably the biggest difference is we're going to get in a lot more different kinds of mechanics for inputs, requirements and rewards. We have had a lot more opportunity to experiment with things like bridge officers for rewards, the possibility of direct buffs, Colonial dependency chains...things like that. The number, of course, will also be higher, probably by about 30% or so, but as someone mentioned a while back, because many of the assignments are systemic in their final implementation (for example, "Experimental Deflector", "Experimental Science Console", "Experimental Ground Armor"), a straight tally is a little deceptive.

Also, because I will be doing some work on ships for a couple of weeks after the first iteration of the duty officer system is put to bed, I am learning a lot more about that side of things, and that is opening up some better duty officer active roster mechanics among other synergistic elements of gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejamieelliot1987
with the difficulty settings set to higher levels any thought to having the doffs "get hurt/ and or die" if you loss crew when a space combat? It would add some realism to the crew pool loss for us.
This has been brought up as a long term possibility, possibly incorporating a larger revamp of the combat crew meter mechanic on your ship. I think there is some potential in this.
Lt. Commander
# 420 Wow
07-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Good info, you guys are the bee's Knees