Lt. Commander
# 431
07-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
You could just give the feds a mission to steal them back
i think the feds are more likely to research something, just pack some DOffs off the jupiter station or MA with some craft goods and a lunch box and if they suceed then you get an item or schematic
Lt. Commander
# 432
07-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
C-Store items as rewards probably aren't going to happen; it's a business thing. On the other hand, it is very much part of the plan to make sure that there are different but parallel rewards you can't get from C-Store at all.
Is the C-Store thing up in the air because I know Dan mentioned using the assignment system to get a Caitian boff, etc. Or is it that we couldn't get one of the specific boffs/items that are exactly like the C-Store one (ie Caitian Tac from C-Store has High Yield 3 but Assignment Reward Caitian Tac has Torp Spread 3, etc)?

Would it ever be possible for the players to create assignments in the same way we do missions with the Foundry?
Lt. Commander
# 433
07-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
wait, please please please tell us your are going to give us kdf slave trading and bounty hunting and a use for the brig, if you do i will do your work for a year for free.

ow man the possibilitys, the marauder system, you send your doffs off to capture a renegade of the empire, they bring him back and put him in the brig, you go down and question him, you can take him to rora pentha or kill him on the spot, maybe he has a treasure map or the coords for a big fed secret base you never know the guy might be deadly and you allow him to join your crew as a doff depending on how hard it was to get them. or worse, sell them to the ferengi traders for a profit for a full brig and jucy rewards drooooooool

btw if your thinking of a fed varient for the kdf hacking mem alpha why not go with the voyager one where the kdf had created tech for her to go back in time. not a time machine but you could drop the equiv schem for doing it.
I was not ware that the Klingons kept slaves.
Lt. Commander
# 434
07-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
As for schematics, right now there is a KDF assignment where you can hack into Memory Alpha and get schematics as a reward; still need to come up with a Federation equivalent mechanic, but not sure yet the best one to use. Maybe something on the Exploration track that is archaelogically flavored.
Are these the faction neutral schematics then? Not the Lirpa and Bat'leth ones?
Lt. Commander
# 435
07-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I was not ware that the Klingons kept slaves.
Orions definitely do. Nausicaans might. Gorn may keep slaves as well, at least until dinnertime. Klingons do not.

The fact that at least one part of the KDF faction keeps slaves means that, unless the Empire makes a serious effort to stop it, slaving will exist within Klingon borders. I'm sure the Klingons would consider slaves dishonorable, but I could also see them thinking if someone was such a sickly little targ pup that they got caught by slavers then that's the fate they deserve. Especially if such activities were conducted out of sight and kept on the downlow. Kind of like Don't Ask Don't Tell, Klingon-style. And there's never any way to know how low the House of Duras will stoop. Not that they'd keep slaves themselves, but selling people into slavery...

Z
Lt. Commander
# 436
07-06-2011, 07:42 AM
The Klingons did use forced prisoner labor (Rura Penthe was a dilithium mine remember), and their justice system has been seen to lack a certain judicial standard of evidence.

They might not want to call it slavery, but I might like to call my cat a dog. He's still pretty stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 437
07-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi Heretic,

Can you comment on dstahl's statements in the latest Ask Cryptic about First Officers opening up a universal slot?

dstahl: "Once we get the feature completed, our intention is that you will be able to select one of your experienced Bridge Officers and promote them to First Officer. A First Officer then opens up the universal slot on your ship (that they sit in), opening up the seat that they normally took for another officer. So we plan to do this just, however the "universal" slot is really you deciding which of your officers you want to be "First Officer" and they become the extra slot. We've scheduled this to be functional before Season 5 launch."

This seems to somewhat contradict your earlier statements that the Department Head System would in no way affect bridge officer stations. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks for all your hard work!
Lt. Commander
# 438
07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
His most recent post on that was clarifying the Ask Cryptic, I'd had the same question you're asking.

He also clarified it a bit more clearly (if clear can really apply when there's two paragraphs of maybes on each side) in another thread here.

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just to clarify this, we have been throwing around a lot of different ideas on how this will work. We have not settled on an absolute, set-in-stone, design for how First Officers' active power will work.

That being said, what was said in the Ask Cryptic should be clarified to be thought of as like a universal slot in that you can essentially get a single new power from a selection of most likely new active abilities from all three branches. The likelihood is also that this will be a single extra power, rather than replacing one of your current bridge officer slots.

All of this is very much in early development, however, and as we get closer to actively working on this feature expect there to be more iteration of the design.
Basically, what people are hearing from "universal slot" and what's being said are different things.
Lt. Commander
# 439
07-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
As for schematics, right now there is a KDF assignment where you can hack into Memory Alpha and get schematics as a reward; still need to come up with a Federation equivalent mechanic, but not sure yet the best one to use. Maybe something on the Exploration track that is archaelogically flavored.
What about something on the Development track for Feds?
Lt. Commander
# 440
07-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
I'm a bad man. Fortunately, I have long since come to terms with that fact.
Well, you need to be in order to program suitably awesome KDF material.