Lt. Commander
# 461
07-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The duty officer system is currently planned to open up at Lieutenant Commander,

When you hit Lieutenant Commander, there will be a starting mission that will get you a starting set of duty officers. The current plan is when the system goes live, it will give you a set based on your current rank, assuming you are higher than Lieutenant.

Additional duty officers are currently planned to be acquireable through assignments, earning tiers in commendation categories (which is primarily done by running assignments of particular types), or the C-Store.

Duty officers will not appear in your regular inventory, but in a special "Reserve Roster" that you will pull from to put into your active rosters or to send on assignments.
Any chance you've had time to look at giving them for completion of certain accolades?

Any chance those sets based on player level will have randomness to them or are we all getting the same BOFFs on all our VA characters.
Lt. Commander
# 462
07-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Duty officers will not appear in your regular inventory, but in a special "Reserve Roster" that you will pull from to put into your active rosters or to send on assignments.
Any possibility that fleets will eventually get their own version of this "Reserve Roster" that fleet members can draw from?
Lt. Commander
# 463
07-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
out of curiosity will this mission be simply report to Mr/s X to be assigned officers OR a mission where you are tought the basics of the system
Still working out the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Any chance you've had time to look at giving them for completion of certain accolades?

Any chance those sets based on player level will have randomness to them or are we all getting the same BOFFs on all our VA characters.
I'm not sure I understand the first question, sorry.

As for the sets based on player rank, as they are currently prototyped they are random, but with a mandatory distribution between Tactical, Science and Engineering and fixed rarities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Any possibility that fleets will eventually get their own version of this "Reserve Roster" that fleet members can draw from?
There are a lot of ideas for where we want to take the system, and Fleets are very much on our radar in this regard.
Lt. Commander
# 464
07-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the first question, sorry.
I think what he's asking is if we can earn DOffs as accolade rewards. Kinda like how we can already get titles and passives from them. I think that this is a great suggestion and would love to see something like this put in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 465
07-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I think what he's asking is if we can earn DOffs as accolade rewards. Kinda like how we can already get titles and passives from them. I think that this is a great suggestion and would love to see something like this put in the game.
Ah, I see. My confusion stems from that on the under-the-hood side of things, an accolade is just a reward in the same way a duty officer or 100 Merit is. Perspective can be squirrely.

It's certainly technically possible and may happen at some point, but right now all attention is on completing the implementation of the existing scope of the system, so probably not for launch, or at least not in any extensive fashion.
Lt. Commander
# 466
07-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Certain people would not want to earn a Gorn Duty Officer for killing 1000 Gorn or any of the other species represented by the kill 1,000 soldiers. There is a reason why they have those accolades and not due to the gotta catch them all attitude of accolade collectors. Story arcs on the other hand make sense for Duty Officers to be made available. I wouldn't mind giving the Romulan captain that can help you in the Cloaked Intentions series a place on my ship for betraying the Tal Shiar. Traitors have to start at the bottom before they can become a bridge officer or captain.
Lt. Commander
# 467
07-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Certain people would not want to earn a Gorn Duty Officer for killing 1000 Gorn or any of the other species represented by the kill 1,000 soldiers. There is a reason why they have those accolades and not due to the gotta catch them all attitude of accolade collectors. Story arcs on the other hand make sense for Duty Officers to be made available. I wouldn't mind giving the Romulan captain that can help you in the Cloaked Intentions series a place on my ship for betraying the Tal Shiar. Traitors have to start at the bottom before they can become a bridge officer or captain.
Besides, can you imagine how made that Gorn would be if you got him for killing 1000 of his people. He would be a prisoner of war or a conscript. Be more likely to shoot you in the back than assist your crew.

-Keppoch
Lt. Commander
# 468
07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Ah, I see. My confusion stems from that on the under-the-hood side of things, an accolade is just a reward in the same way a duty officer or 100 Merit is. Perspective can be squirrely.

It's certainly technically possible and may happen at some point, but right now all attention is on completing the implementation of the existing scope of the system, so probably not for launch, or at least not in any extensive fashion.
It's not only an under-the-hood side of things. Accolades currently are rewards and only rewards in themselves and should remain that way. It's silly that you would get another reward because you got some reward.

Yes, you can currently get multiple rewards for accomplishing something (and DOffs could be one of those), but that's much different conceptually and in also in the way under which they would be added than saying you get one reward because you had earned a different reward.
Lt. Commander
# 469
07-08-2011, 02:02 PM
A much needed and wanted addition to the game. Looking forward to seeing it go live.
Lt. Commander
# 470
07-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
It's not only an under-the-hood side of things. Accolades currently are rewards and only rewards in themselves and should remain that way. It's silly that you would get another reward because you got some reward.

Yes, you can currently get multiple rewards for accomplishing something (and DOffs could be one of those), but that's much different conceptually and in also in the way under which they would be added than saying you get one reward because you had earned a different reward.
Accolades give you more than just points. Many give you passive boosts. Plenty give you titles. Some even give you trophies.