Lt. Commander
# 551
07-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Hey something I thought could be added to the duty officer system for admirals. In starfleet and the real world flag officers have adjudants kinda like yeoman but the officer has the rank of commander. Its basically like having a first officer and another first officer with different duties to the first. The admirals adjudant has administratvie duties. It also has a name aide de camp. any chance in seeing something like this for flag officer duty rosters?
Lt. Commander
# 552
07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyron_Jara
Hey something I thought could be added to the duty officer system for admirals. In starfleet and the real world flag officers have adjudants kinda like yeoman but the officer has the rank of commander. Its basically like having a first officer and another first officer with different duties to the first. The admirals adjudant has administratvie duties. It also has a name aide de camp. any chance in seeing something like this for flag officer duty rosters?
or perhaps a whole set of high ranking duty officers, for admiral rank players. A group of "team leaders" that will help improve the chance of the missions send lower rank doffs.
Lt. Commander
# 553
07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
so with the start of this new, week does cryptic have any new news for us? Hows work going on the system? Any closer to releasing a launch date?
Lt. Commander
# 554
07-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejamieelliot1987
so with the start of this new, week does cryptic have any new news for us? Hows work going on the system? Any closer to releasing a launch date?
Progress continues to be made. Most recently I have been working in unique rewards for completing the assignment chains for individual star cluster's Colonial chains, along with additional unique duty officers.
Lt. Commander
# 555
07-14-2011, 11:03 AM
So technical problems are getting solved and the release on Tribble is getting closer and closer... any updated rough guess when this will be? (We won't tell DStahl that you told us *nudge nudge* )

Or maybe a picture which you can give us to survive the waiting time?
Lt. Commander
# 556
07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Progress continues to be made. Most recently I have been working in unique rewards for completing the assignment chains for individual star cluster's Colonial chains, along with additional unique duty officers.
Is the purported "Exploration Revamp" complicating matters for these star cluster colonial chains?
Lt. Commander
# 557
07-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Is the purported "Exploration Revamp" complicating matters for these star cluster colonial chains? I was under the impression that exploration would eventually be taken out of the star clusters and put into regular sector space (which could also do wonders for opening up the sector maps if the star cluster sectors are taken out)
Lt. Commander
# 558
07-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Is the purported "Exploration Revamp" complicating matters for these star cluster colonial chains?
The revamp of the exploration system is still something that is in fairly early discussions, so while I do not currently expect any major issues, if there do prove to be incompatibilities we'll have to address those as they come up.
Lt. Commander
# 559
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
The last I heard about the "exploration revamp" was that we'll be scanning real anomalies like comets and asteroids instead of the generic "anomaly" objects we have now. Basically just a cosmetic change.

DStahl also talked about adding "known locations" to exploration sectors and putting missions there instead of the randomly generated missions we have now in star clusters.

This is 100% speculation but it sounded like they'll just be adding onto what we have now and not nuking star clusters. Which means there will be new locations for DO Assignments on top of existing star cluster areas.
Lt. Commander
# 560
07-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
The last I heard about the "exploration revamp" was that we'll be scanning real anomalies like comets and asteroids instead of the generic "anomaly" objects we have now. Basically just a cosmetic change.

DStahl also talked about adding "known locations" to exploration sectors and putting missions there instead of the randomly generated missions we have now in star clusters.

This is 100% speculation but it sounded like they'll just be adding onto what we have now and not nuking star clusters. Which means there will be new locations for DO Assignments on top of existing star cluster areas.
I was under the impression that there was some talk about getting rid of "sectors" and making the map one giant "zone" This would be that there would have to be some alteration to how clusters work right now.