Lt. Commander
# 591
07-25-2011, 05:40 AM
hope we get an update on this today
Lt. Commander
# 592
07-25-2011, 12:47 PM
No new updates right now, unfortunately. Hard at work and head's down now that I'm back from San Diego Comic-Con.
Lt. Commander
# 593
07-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Wouldn't this be a nice little feature to add super rare DOFFS/BOFFS?

Like rarer than very rare. Create a new rarity altogether.

The idea being they have a very very very slim chance of appearing but they will have an extra ability ontop of what a very rare DOFF/BOFF would have.

Could also use that as an excuse to include races that aren't currently included. Could have Romulan, Cardassian etc or go really really rare species.

Just thought id say :p
Lt. Commander
# 594
07-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
Wouldn't this be a nice little feature to add super rare DOFFS/BOFFS?

Like rarer than very rare. Create a new rarity altogether.

The idea being they have a very very very slim chance of appearing but they will have an extra ability ontop of what a very rare DOFF/BOFF would have.

Could also use that as an excuse to include races that aren't currently included. Could have Romulan, Cardassian etc or go really really rare species.

Just thought id say :p
Not a bad idea, but at this point I'd argue to just get the existing system out and available first.
Lt. Commander
# 595
07-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
No new updates right now, unfortunately. Hard at work and head's down now that I'm back from San Diego Comic-Con.
How about an update for when we can expect an update?:p
Lt. Commander
# 596
07-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Take your time, we can wait. At least most of us can. Looking forward tobit, whenever it happens.
Lt. Commander
# 597
07-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
thanks for the info
Lt. Commander
# 598
07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
1) Will we see the DOFFs when we visit our bridge?
2) Can we customize DOFF's uniforms?
3) Can we make BOFF's DHs at the start? This is b/c I have always considered some of my BOFFs DHs.
4) When do you estimate that the DOFFs will roll out?
Lt. Commander
# 599
07-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachray263 View Post
3) Can we make BOFF's DHs at the start? This is b/c I have always considered some of my BOFFs DHs.
I'm pretty sure they've said no to the first three questions, multiple times now. DOffs are more like items that we place inside an interface, like equipping an item in our inventory. They are not going to be represented in our ship interiors as any type of NPC model, at least not anytime soon (which also means no customizing uniforms, all we see of them are headshots in a menu interface).

Department Heads are not going to be available to assigned when we first get the Duty Officer System, but when it does become available later you will select them from your BOffs.

The current estimate for the Duty Officer system to hit the test shard is "August". If they keep to their announced schedule of testing the system for a month before taking it to the live shard, that would mean the soonest should be September.
Lt. Commander
# 600
07-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachray263 View Post
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) When it's ready