Lt. Commander
# 611
07-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
None of what I have described is delaying its deployment to Tribble in the slightest. The time remaining to go to Tribble is dependent on tech issues and internal reviews alone. At the moment we are responding to internal feedback and making appropriate adjustments.
I'm interested to see the first player accessible iteration. However, as much as it pains me to wait, I understand the necessity and completely support the delay. It is better to have something mostly functional than a "TBD" in the UI that is unusable in every way or most ways.

The problem devs run into is that the player base is largely and utterly divided on similar (and all) issues. Rush it out and players scream that the developers didn't put enough time and thought into clearly 'obvious' (to players anyway) problems. Move slowly to make sure that doesn't happen and players scream that the developers aren't moving fast enough. In short, there's absolutely no way to win this Kobayashi Maru scenario. All they can do is act as if this is a test of their character and do their best rather than what everyone (unrealistically) expects of them.
Lt. Commander
# 612
07-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I hope to NOT see this system tied to the Foundry in any way until they fix the Foundry's inherent vulnerabilities to exploits.
Lt. Commander
# 613
07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
This is still a work in progress; right now each tier gives you:
  • A unique title and accolade
  • A duty officer (a valuable but not unique one for Tier I and Tier II, a blue unique for Tier III and a purple unique for Tier IV) for everything but Diplomacy and Marauding (who give unique bridge officers instead of duty officers)
  • Unlocks repeatable assignments that will allow you to get blue and purple bridge officers and advanced skill buff assignments

There are also other types of assignments unlocked, but they're not standardized across each commendation category.

The above is not a complete list, just what has currently been implemented internally...
The more I hear about the DOff System, the more I can't wait to use it.

>takes a deep breath<

Geoff, do what you got to do, and take your time. This really is sounding cool!
Lt. Commander
# 614
07-27-2011, 02:00 PM
a few months ago you mentioned that you may have it on tribble within the month after S4. Any update? Another month maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 615
07-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
a few months ago you mentioned that you may have it on tribble within the month after S4. Any update? Another month maybe?
He did give an update. Check his previous post in this thread. While it doesn't list a date, it does say specifically what he's doing.
Lt. Commander
# 616
07-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
He did give an update. Check his previous post in this thread. While it doesn't list a date, it does say specifically what he's doing.
This is what I told my boss I did today
Lt. Commander
# 617
07-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
And, as always, we're interested in your feedback as to the kinds of things you think would be appropriate for the system.
A special type of uniform for each category is an absolute necessity. I would like to have the uniform go from T4 to T3 and have a shuttle for T4. It would be nice to have the shuttle have a bonus to successfully completing a Duty Officer assignments when it is used by the Duty Officers. For example, getting the T4 Espionage shuttle will help in Military assignments, Medicine shuttles would help in Colonial assignments, Science shuttles would help in Medicine assignments, etc. Also when these shuttles are in use, they are unavailable until they come back.

For the updated diplomacy system rewards, would we have the option of choosing what type of rare and very rare Boff like the current common KDF boff or will it be a specific Boff?
Lt. Commander
# 618
07-30-2011, 04:24 AM
This system sounds like an incredible waste of development time in an MMO which has seen no endgame content in over a year.
Lt. Commander
# 619
07-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
This system sounds like an incredible waste of development time in an MMO which has seen no endgame content in over a year.
if you feel that way don't use it.
Lt. Commander
# 620
07-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
I don't think so. It adds a new meta-game which is itself geared for "end game" play.