Lt. Commander
# 871
08-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I'll bet Captain Jellico goes through a LOT of Crew...
All I know is: I would NOT want to be a duty officer on Captain Ben Maxwell's Nebula Class U.S.S. Phoenix in any Cardassian sector block (50 or so years ago of course.)
Lt. Commander
# 872
08-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
Awesome, now, with all these ways of getting rid of DOFF's I have a question. Will any DOFF's be actively harmful to your crew? Will there be malcontents, spies, slackers, whiners or roleplaying game designers hidden within your DOFF roster that can be discovered and then airlocked?
Other than taking up space you might want for another duty officer, no.

The ideas you mention are really interesting, but would introduce an entirely new layer of complexity we just don't have the time and resources to do justice to at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 873
08-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

The ideas you mention are really interesting, but would introduce an entirely new layer of complexity we just don't have the time and resources to do justice to at the moment.
I would love someday for these options to exist, have my klingon alt send a "loyal " doff to a fed ship, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 874
08-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:

No Wesley? Infinitely helpful as he is annoying? Oh well always next year
Lt. Commander
# 875
08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
This indeed gives a possible complexity that would be awesome, but I fear would go to far.

Imagine one of your Doffs has the secret trait "killer" [lets call him Suda or "crazy Vulcan who shoots at laughing pictures"]. And if you obtain such a Doff you randomly lose other Doffs until you assign someone to get the killer.
Lt. Commander
# 876
08-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:

Executing someone just for not having the stats and rank you want, that seems kinda mean...

Oh dear, I'm going to make a terrible Klingon commander.
Lt. Commander
# 877
08-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
Executing someone just for not having the stats and rank you want, that seems kinda mean...

Oh dear, I'm going to make a terrible Klingon commander.
^^^^
I just can't picture any Klingon saying "oh, dear..." - EVER
Lt. Commander
# 878
08-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh my, Bloodthirsty arent we all? But seriously, you would never Airlock someone as a Federation Officer.

What do we have transporter accidents for?

That could be a great addition. Whenever we want to decomission a doff from our rooster we go to the transporter room see the Doff hop onto the platform, then the transport starts, when the Chief says "Oh Captain looks like there is a transporter malfunction, trying to compensate" and he beams back um whatever, some sort of goo

"Im Terrrrribly sorry Captain"
Lt. Commander
# 879
08-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Will we be able to choose an Active Duty Officer roster for each ship we own? Someone touched on this idea earlier, and it's something I'd love to have. It's really adds to the game since it gives you something else to work at once you've already made one crew you like. It's more fun to be able to make multiple crews!

We can't do this for Bridge Officers, of course, but perhaps it's not too late for you to give us the ability to do this with Doff's. What does everyone else think, is this something you people would enjoy, too?
Lt. Commander
# 880
08-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3reakmanx View Post
Will we be able to choose an Active Duty Officer roster for each ship we own? Someone touched on this idea earlier, and it's something I'd love to have. It's really adds to the game since it gives you something else to work at once you've already made one crew you like. It's more fun to be able to make multiple crews!

We can't do this for Bridge Officers, of course, but perhaps it's not too late for you to give us the ability to do this with Doff's. What does everyone else think, is this something you people would enjoy, too?
It works the same way as with Bridge Officers; so, you can certainly change them up to suit different ships, but as of launch, at least, we won't have the ability to save active sets. It is, however, something we may consider down the road.