Lt. Commander
# 891
08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
A couple of questions about the new purple-quality diplomatic/marauding BOs:

- Will the new diplomatic BOs be restricted to the same three species? Will the KDF marauding BOs be restricted to three species? Or will the higher tier versions possibly have more options?

- There was an indication made that the Marauding BOs would be privateers rather than Starfleet Officers. Does this mean that they won't have access to Starfleet uniforms? Will they have access to some kind of special uniform like the Merc gear?

- Will the new diplomatic BOs come rigged for Starfleet uniforms? If so, will they retain the current ones' ability to wear KDF uniforms?

- Will the current grandfathered BOs' uniforms be updated to include Starfleet uniforms or exclude KDF uniforms?

- Will the grandfathered white quality BOs still be obtainable by new players or characters?
We are currently not anticipating expanding the selection of species for Diplomacy-gained bridge officers; this is a function of time and resources, so it is something we would certainly not be opposed to expanding in the future. The new Diplomacy-gained bridge officers will be as they are now, simply some will be gained at higher than a white level of quality; there may or may not be time or inclination to modify their uniform requirements - this is something that still needs to be discussed.

Marauding-gained bridge officers will not have access to Starfleet uniforms; fictionally, of course, some could still easily be portrayed as having been Starfleet officers at some time in the past. We are currently figuring out the costume options that will be available for them.

The new system will replace the old system once it launches; when you achieve Tier 1 rank in either Diplomacy or Marauding commendations you will get a white officer, Tier 2 will net you a green officer, Tier 3 a blue and Tier 4 a purple officer. Any white Diplomacy officer you have gained before the system goes live will be grandfathered in as an addition to the above progression.
Lt. Commander
# 892
08-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Any white Diplomacy officer you have gained before the system goes live will be grandfathered in as an addition to the above progression.
grandfathered as in if we have already done the grind we only got a T1 reward for it? why not just let the current ambassidors have an extra BOff (the one we have) and be able to choose a second white one?

it's a little 'gimmie gimmie' i know but i spent alot of time getting my main to the cap, it'd be nice if there was some point to it.

Ooops just reread the post and i think i got the wrong end of the stick, but i'll leave the question just in case (sorry, i'm an idiot)
Lt. Commander
# 893
08-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
The new system will replace the old system once it launches; when you achieve Tier 1 rank in either Diplomacy or Marauding commendations you will get a white officer, Tier 2 will net you a green officer, Tier 3 a blue and Tier 4 a purple officer. Any white Diplomacy officer you have gained before the system goes live will be grandfathered in as an addition to the above progression.

How will this affect the different accolades and titles? Will the existing accolades be updated to the new system? Or will they be retired and replaced with new accolades?

Am I correct in my understanding that even if you are fully maxed with diplomacy right now, you'll have to start fresh in the new system? Will there still be any benefit to finishing diplomacy in the current system, other than the white bo, after the switch over?

On one hand I might feel a rush to get the accolades before they go away, but on the other hand, I don't want to put time and effort in to something that will simply go away.

Also, how will this affect the diplomatic uniform reward? Will it still be obtained by unlocking top level diplomacy? If the new system replaces the old and we have to start fresh, will we lose access to the uniform that we previously unlocked?
Lt. Commander
# 894
08-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
grandfathered as in if we have already done the grind we only got a T1 reward for it? why not just let the current ambassidors have an extra BOff (the one we have) and be able to choose a second white one?

it's a little 'gimmie gimmie' i know but i spent alot of time getting my main to the cap, it'd be nice if there was some point to it.
Grandfathered as in you would keep your current white bridge officer, but also get a second white one in addition to a green one, a blue one, and a purple one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-of-Nine
How will this affect the different accolades and titles? Will the existing accolades be updated to the new system? Or will they be retired and replaced with new accolades?

Am I correct in my understanding that even if you are fully maxed with diplomacy right now, you'll have to start fresh in the new system? Will there still be any benefit to finishing diplomacy in the current system, other than the white bo, after the switch over?

On one hand I might feel a rush to get the accolades before they go away, but on the other hand, I don't want to put time and effort in to something that will simply go away.

Also, how will this affect the diplomatic uniform reward? Will it still be obtained by unlocking top level diplomacy? If the new system replaces the old and we have to start fresh, will we lose access to the uniform that we previously unlocked?
You will keep any existing accolades and titles. There are currently no new accolades and titles in the works for Diplomacy, but there are new accolades and titles for all of the other commendation categories to bring them up to where Diplomacy currently is in accolades and titles.

If you are fully maxed with Diplomacy right now, you will stay fully maxed out at the current Tier 4 that is the cap for all commendation categories at this time. Whether you have already maxed out Diplomacy to Tier 4 before the system goes live or do so afterwards, the rewards in terms of accolades, titles, costumes and new bridge officers will be the same.

The goal is to work towards adding rewards for all commendation categories to bring them up to what Diplomacy currently has, and then add rewards for all commendation categories - including Diplomacy - past what currently exist.
Lt. Commander
# 895
08-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
If you are fully maxed with Diplomacy right now, you will stay fully maxed out at the current Tier 4 that is the cap for all commendation categories at this time. Whether you have already maxed out Diplomacy to Tier 4 before the system goes live or do so afterwards, the rewards in terms of accolades, titles, costumes and new bridge officers will be the same.
How will your fully maxed character obtain the new better boffs? Will you just get them all at once when the new system goes live?
Lt. Commander
# 896
08-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
How will your fully maxed character obtain the new better boffs? Will you just get them all at once when the new system goes live?
That's how it sounds.

Quote:
Grandfathered as in you would keep your current white bridge officer, but also get a second white one in addition to a green one, a blue one, and a purple one.
And on that note; will our active and 'Candidate' BO limits be increased any with this?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 897
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Yes. When the system goes live, you will gain whatever rewards you are now entitled to.
Lt. Commander
# 898
08-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Yes. When the system goes live, you will gain whatever rewards you are now entitled to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyyg7onCF8

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 899
08-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Will the new boffs bind on pickup, or just on equip like the old ones?
Lt. Commander
# 900
08-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
This makes me happy.