Lt. Commander
# 901
08-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Yes. When the system goes live, you will gain whatever rewards you are now entitled to.
They...they don't come with say a boff slot do they? How about you just gimme a white and a purple and give me one boff slot at tier 3?
Lt. Commander
# 902
08-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Yes. When the system goes live, you will gain whatever rewards you are now entitled to.
That sounds awesome. Looks like I'm going to have to expand my doff slots again.

Btw are the difficulty of the doff missions determined on the level of the area? So will my VADM have to head back to the Sirius sector block?
Lt. Commander
# 903
08-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cast2007 View Post
Btw are the difficulty of the doff missions determined on the level of the area? So will my VADM have to head back to the Sirius sector block?
Sounds like they are based on rarity. A purple assignment will have better rewards, but more difficult than a common assignment. Different zones have different assignments. Exploration sectors will have Colonial missions and going to enemy space will have different assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 904
08-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Grandfathered as in you would keep your current white bridge officer, but also get a second white one in addition to a green one, a blue one, and a purple one.

You will keep any existing accolades and titles. There are currently no new accolades and titles in the works for Diplomacy, but there are new accolades and titles for all of the other commendation categories to bring them up to where Diplomacy currently is in accolades and titles.

If you are fully maxed with Diplomacy right now, you will stay fully maxed out at the current Tier 4 that is the cap for all commendation categories at this time. Whether you have already maxed out Diplomacy to Tier 4 before the system goes live or do so afterwards, the rewards in terms of accolades, titles, costumes and new bridge officers will be the same.

The goal is to work towards adding rewards for all commendation categories to bring them up to what Diplomacy currently has, and then add rewards for all commendation categories - including Diplomacy - past what currently exist.
So wait, grandfathered as in having 2 white, one green, one blue, and one purple? If so, sweet!
Lt. Commander
# 905
08-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
So wait, grandfathered as in having 2 white, one green, one blue, and one purple? If so, sweet!
Yes, that is correct.
Lt. Commander
# 906
08-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Me too. Awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 907
08-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Quote:

Can't wait.
Lt. Commander
# 908 Help!
08-19-2011, 04:19 AM
Quote:
If you are fully maxed with Diplomacy right now, you will stay fully maxed out at the current Tier 4 that is the cap for all commendation categories at this time. Whether you have already maxed out Diplomacy to Tier 4 before the system goes live or do so afterwards, the rewards in terms of accolades, titles, costumes and new bridge officers will be the same.
Quote:
The new system will replace the old system once it launches; when you achieve Tier 1 rank in either Diplomacy or Marauding commendations you will get a white officer, Tier 2 will net you a green officer, Tier 3 a blue and Tier 4 a purple officer. Any white Diplomacy officer you have gained before the system goes live will be grandfathered in as an addition to the above progression.
Quote:
When the system goes live, you will gain whatever rewards you are now entitled to.
Sorry, I do not quite understand how this will affect my game. If my Ambassador has not yet chosen his Diplomacy BOFF from Jiros store when the system goes live, will he still be able to do so? Will he have the same selection to choose from? Will he be able to pick higher-tier BOFFs? Or will he forfeit the option to actively pick a BOFF from the store and get new BOFFs at their respective tiers at random?

In other words, if I wanted to make absolutely sure I get my Orion BOFF, Id have to pick her before the system goes live?
Lt. Commander
# 909
08-19-2011, 04:33 AM
The new system replaces the old, and from what he said about grandfathered boffs, it meant claimed ones.If you already earned it take it.
Lt. Commander
# 910
08-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchery_ View Post
Sorry, I do not quite understand how this will affect my game. If my Ambassador has not yet chosen his Diplomacy BOFF from Jiros store when the system goes live, will he still be able to do so? Will he have the same selection to choose from? Will he be able to pick higher-tier BOFFs? Or will he forfeit the option to actively pick a BOFF from the store and get new BOFFs at their respective tiers at random?

In other words, if I wanted to make absolutely sure I get my Orion BOFF, Id have to pick her before the system goes live?
From my reading, you will get 4 Diplomacy BOs if you wait until after the system launches. You will miss out on the one from Jiro right now if you wait.

If you go ahead and claim the one from Jiro, you will get that one PLUS the four new ones.