Lt. Commander
# 931 Dear Cryptic...
08-20-2011, 01:07 PM
I have heard that Telaxians will be available SOON (tm) *ping*. I would like to propose the following:

Telaxian Doff COOK. Yes, I said cook. Every ship needs a chef, because replicated beef stroganoff tastes like @!$#. lol

With said Doff Cook, I would like to see Cooking missions. I dunno what they could be, perhaps the Cook heard that such-and-such planet has a rare and unusual spice, or they need to go to Bolarus IX to pick up some Marinated Glass Shards for the Bolian population of the ship.

Please and Thank you. :wub:
Lt. Commander
# 932
08-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I have heard that Telaxians will be available SOON (tm) *ping*. I would like to propose the following:

Telaxian Doff COOK. Yes, I said cook. Every ship needs a chef, because replicated beef stroganoff tastes like @!$#. lol

With said Doff Cook, I would like to see Cooking missions. I dunno what they could be, perhaps the Cook heard that such-and-such planet has a rare and unusual spice, or they need to go to Bolarus IX to pick up some Marinated Glass Shards for the Bolian population of the ship.

Can i please request that Talaxians be nuked from Orbit!

I agree with the Chef idea, however if anything ever remotely like Neelix enters this game ill need to start a holy crusade to exterminate it
Lt. Commander
# 933
08-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:

See, though, if we want for the character to have a chance to appear in our ship interior (the mess hall), to be able to contribute to missions, and have active powers...

What you're really asking for is a Cooking BRIDGE OFFICER.

My approach would be... Make it its own class. Give it a few space powers (keeping in mind it can only be used on shuttles or ships with universal slots; which keeps a cook from running the average starship). Focus on the ground abilities, generating food. Make it the Department Head for cooks, bartenders, etc. (Currently planned as DOs but ones without a department head.) Neelix even had a title for it: Chief Morale Officer. Low damage but with food supply fabrications and crowd control distractions through dancing.

I'd make the Morale Officer something tied to an advancement category where that department head role opens up when you do enough with cooks, bartenders, and entertainers.

Maybe make the Morale Department Head a choice between an El Aurian, a Talaxian, a Hologram (replete with off duty costume choices), Klingon chef, Orion dancer, and a Ferengi at first.

Have some REALLY CRAZY C-Store variants that are things like one of the species from the Parallax colony such as the Wind Dancer or the White Rabbit from the Shore Leave Planet. Or some fairly standard stuff like a TOS bartender. (Fun fact: there was a standard bartending costume worn by almost everyone who ever tended bar in TOS.)
Lt. Commander
# 934
08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Do all the Commendation categories have an associated XP? Recruitment and Development don't seem like they fit with the others.
Lt. Commander
# 935
08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
How many DOFFs can be assigned to a mission? Is it variable based on level / commendation type? Will rewards be better if we can successfully complete a mission with fewer than the "base"?
Lt. Commander
# 936
08-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:

A Talaxian Cook necessitates a Ship's Counselor--so the rest of the crew can deal with him.
Lt. Commander
# 937
08-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Do all the Commendation categories have an associated XP? Recruitment and Development don't seem like they fit with the others.
Yes. All commendation categories have an associated xp type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taallyn View Post
How many DOFFs can be assigned to a mission? Is it variable based on level / commendation type? Will rewards be better if we can successfully complete a mission with fewer than the "base"?
The number of duty officers on an assignment depends on the particular assignment; the number ranges from none to five. To run an assignment, you always put on exactly as many duty officers as it requires; never less. The number does affect the rewards, but it doesn't correlate to level or commendation type, at least not strictly - some commendation categories such as Military tend to require higher numbers of duty officers, while others such as Recruitment tend to require very lower (or no) numbers of duty officers, but this is a tendency rather than a rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
A Talaxian Cook necessitates a Ship's Counselor--so the rest of the crew can deal with him.
There are definitely both chefs and counselors. I don't think there are any Talaxian duty officers. Yet.
Lt. Commander
# 938
08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Yes. All commendation categories have an associated xp type.
Could you give a few select examples of:

Type of assignment, duration, mission rewards

Obviously I don't expect a long list of hundreds/thousands of assignments. A small amount of assignments (say 5-10 of them) would be interesting, just to get an idea of what sort of rewards we might be able to look forward t o.
Lt. Commander
# 939
08-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Could you give a few select examples of:

Type of assignment, duration, mission rewards

Obviously I don't expect a long list of hundreds/thousands of assignments. A small amount of assignments (say 5-10 of them) would be interesting, just to get an idea of what sort of rewards we might be able to look forward t o.
Examples of these are shown in the Duty Officer UI preview screens: 1 2 3
Lt. Commander
# 940
08-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the answers, Heretic. I'll be back if I think of anything else.