Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 141
06-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
I know that not everyone here played SWG. I know that not everyone here cares. But, just like when the NERF gets you or when the simple attrition of NERFS/CHANGES drop the subs, everyone here will care then. That's what I would not like to see happen here. This is not fun over in SWG now. It's like watching an old friend that the doctor has said he has until Dec 15th and no longer and your the one that told this guy to stop eating so much or to quit smoking, over and over again for the last 7 years.
Dude, Stop with the Doom and Gloom NGC NGC NGC stuff... your the little boy and I don't see no wolf.

SWG lost a bunch of subs after a stupid game remodel... it wasn't a nerf, it was a massive overhaul that people didn't care fore... and guess what better games came along. STO has bleed lots of good players and that isn't because this got nerfed or this got nerfed... mostly its because things DID NOT Change fast enough. I can think of 3 former fleet members right now that are no longer subbed because they where sick of bugged junk being in game for months on end with no fixes. (When you swear you are going to play clean and no one else abides (and the dev turns a blind eye, heck even silences people drawing attention to the issue) you get frustrated and desub, I have seen it happen more then once)

When STO does loose a ton of players it will be due to another game coming along that pulls there attention away from STO... it will pretty much have nothing at all to do with Crytic... those of us left that are not lifetime are mostly here to play with friends... I leave when they do, some of them might even leave when I do... when we have somewhere else to spend our time. Now I am the one that sounds doom and gloomy... just saying its the lack Crytpic action on game breaking bugs / exploits / and broken mechanics that has driven people away, not the fixes when they do happen... as often as that is. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 142
06-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Dude, Stop with the Doom and Gloom NGC NGC NGC stuff... your the little boy and I don't see no wolf.

SWG lost a bunch of subs after a stupid game remodel... it wasn't a nerf, it was a massive overhaul that people didn't care fore... and guess what better games came along. STO has bleed lots of good players and that isn't because this got nerfed or this got nerfed... mostly its because things DID NOT Change fast enough. I can think of 3 former fleet members right now that are no longer subbed because they where sick of bugged junk being in game for months on end with no fixes. (When you swear you are going to play clean and no one else abides (and the dev turns a blind eye, heck even silences people drawing attention to the issue) you get frustrated and desub, I have seen it happen more then once)

When STO does loose a ton of players it will be due to another game coming along that pulls there attention away from STO... it will pretty much have nothing at all to do with Crytic... those of us left that are not lifetime are mostly here to play with friends... I leave when they do, some of them might even leave when I do... when we have somewhere else to spend our time. Now I am the one that sounds doom and gloomy... just saying its the lack Crytpic action on game breaking bugs / exploits / and broken mechanics that has driven people away, not the fixes when they do happen... as often as that is. lol
Yes. Even whole fleets left game and waitin for fix, what will maybe never happen. Those ppl will coming back, trying to play, they reallize that nothing happend or another broken mechanics came alive, then they leave again and wont come back.
Some waiting for S4, hoping it will be a big change. Sadly it is not. So they will play and leave after a month again? Will they come back again? Maybe when S5 will come? I dont think that there is a hope for a "WOW they done good job, lot content, nice fixes, cool maps". If they didnt managed to fix things, ballance stuffs, i dont think that they ever will. not even after 10 years.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 143
06-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
.
Your signature is very nice btw.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 144
06-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Maybe you don't remember those days... let me remind you
  • - FBP dealt 100/200/300% of Beam damage received, in an irresistible damage form, back onto the attacker. Beam Cruisers could wipe themselves out in a single volley. And back then, Cannons weren't able to be mounted on all ships meaning that almost every Cruiser was susceptible to an instagank.
  • - VM completely shut you down. With no counters.
  • - SNB placed everything on CD. With no counters.
  • - APA boosted Crits like mad.
  • - Sci consoles were twice as effective as they are now.
  • - Sci/EngTeam granted resistance buffs (to shields and hull respectively) of up to 50% for 15 seconds.
  • - TacTeam, Transfer Shield Strength, Eject Warp Plasma and Aux to SIF were all useless or non-functional.
  • - Scatter Volley 3 had a +70% dmg modifier instead of 25% (though that may have been Season 2.1, I forget).
  • - Polarize Hull/Starship Dampening Field only applied energy damage resistance.
  • - You could very easily be permastunned to death by chains of PSW and Tricobalts.
  • - Klingon ships were missing a console.
  • - Each level of RSP lasted for 15 seconds, making it possible to have very long RSP chains (though there were gaps)
  • - EDIT: Oh yes, and Tyken's... I use to run Tyken's 2 on my BoP and shut down an entire FedBall.
I'm sure there were many more, these are just the few that pop into my head.
O_o! HOW did they DARE NERF all those abilities that were so perfectly working as intended???

I want that 30s Viral Matrix uncounterable STFU ability BACK!

When people will realize all those nasty and unwanted NERFS have been set in place, they'll all surely migrate to Hello Kitty Online!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 145
06-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
Your signature is very nice btw.
Why thank mew.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 146
06-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Why thank mew.
Mew as in a cat joke or the tsi player?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 147
06-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle-Phoenix View Post
Yes. Even whole fleets left game and waitin for fix, what will maybe never happen. Those ppl will coming back, trying to play, they reallize that nothing happend or another broken mechanics came alive, then they leave again and wont come back.
Some waiting for S4, hoping it will be a big change. Sadly it is not. So they will play and leave after a month again? Will they come back again? Maybe when S5 will come? I dont think that there is a hope for a "WOW they done good job, lot content, nice fixes, cool maps". If they didnt managed to fix things, ballance stuffs, i dont think that they ever will. not even after 10 years.
If that is the case.. then why do you keep playing? What is it about this game that keeps your account turned on? Why do you even bother to load the game?


As far things being unbalanced.. I'd love to one day see Science team actually prevent SNB from striping while it's buff is active, instead of just clearing the secondary part of SNB.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 148
06-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
If that is the case.. then why do you keep playing? What is it about this game that keeps your account turned on? Why do you even bother to load the game?


As far things being unbalanced.. I'd love to one day see Science team actually prevent SNB from striping while it's buff is active, instead of just clearing the secondary part of SNB.
You can ask many ppl the same question. Mostly because friends. I said i know many many ppl, who waiting for change and dont loging in game.

And ask the other ppl, who complain about FAW about PENG about SS why they still log in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 149
06-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle-Phoenix View Post
You can ask many ppl the same question.
Same here. What would poor Burgue do without me?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 150
07-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Same here. What would poor Burgue do without me?
Kill. Respawn. Rinse and repeat
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 PM.