Lt. Commander
# 51 So..
06-21-2011, 05:21 AM
Is it just FAW III that is unacceptable? Is it just a no go for Tacs to use in PvP? I tried it out on my Sci (FAW II) last night and it did not do super damage. It just seemed quite flashy but nothing to write home about.
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Deep Space Nine was the best Trek Series. Back to the original topic: You're all a bunch of hacks. \ragequit.
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannank
Is it just FAW III that is unacceptable? Is it just a no go for Tacs to use in PvP? I tried it out on my Sci (FAW II) last night and it did not do super damage. It just seemed quite flashy but nothing to write home about.
FAW II on a Sci is deadly.

Very, very deadly on an RSV once you stack up Sensor Analysis.
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
And thats my point, this happens with all versions of it, certainly to a lesser degree on 1 and 2, but evasives only fails with version 3. If its working as intended then why doesnt evasives fail on the lower levels every now and again instead of never?
My guess is that target hopping and even evasive maneuvers hopping is a feature of all Scrambles, but Scramble Sensors has the effect magnified so strong that people notice it a lot more.

I remember snix saying that making Gravity Well's pull be skill-dependent wasn't easy due to the way the effect is calculated. Maybe something similar is true for SS3 and in this case the extra effect from rank is affected in an odd way. Or it could very well be that it's actually SS2 that is bugged and should be much stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Opinions are personal though.. Mine are just more important than other peoples :p
Well, IMO, which is very important as well, TOS is far better than I expected. I am really enjoying rewatching it now. Remastered SFX make the technical stuff more enjoyable, and story and character-wise, there are some very interesting things. Kirk is surprisingly interesting as a character. (Even if he falls in love a little too often ).
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39
To beam a photon torpedo, for example, onto another vessel, with leaving only enough time for trasnport and detonation has some issues:

First, you will have to set the torp to full primed, and slowly overloading.

...that alone creates some rather volatile little microscopic changes inside the warhead which can, since it is pure anti-matter, cause issues for a transport chief, especially when he has such a narrow window and also must focus the transport through a very narrow window.

So in my opinion, sure, I'll go for this skill. But I would agree that a chance that you stuff up the transport has occured and you blow yourself up is required. Randomly generated chance, no skills cancel death accidental or otherwise.

Nope, it requires no skill at all. Just beem the torp to your own bridge while under SS3, it will then automatically go to enemy bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-21-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Nope, it requires no skill at all. Just beem the torp to your own bridge while under SS3, it will then automatically go to enemy bridge.
You sir, just won the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
. Stop trying to look cool when you arn't,.
LMFAO. Your fleet has the absolute worst insults.
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
LMFAO. Your fleet has the absolute worst insults.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Such hate, where did it all come from?
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-21-2011, 08:18 AM
That was still pathetic. Far too forced. It's okay though, you guys are just a bunch of loveable softies, come give Beagles a hug.