Lt. Commander
Hello,

I would like some suggestions about my build. I just got a new ship and it doesn't seem to be performing as well as it should. Any suggestions would be most appreciative. Thanks.

This is my current build:

Tactical Captain
Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit (Excelsior Retrofit)

Forward Weapons

[Phaser Beam Array Mk XI [CrtD]x2 [Dmg]]
[Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk XI [Acc] [Dmg]x2]

Aft Weapons

Ship Equipment

[Polarized Parabolic Deflector Mk XI]
[Supercooled Combat Impulse Engine Mk XI]

[Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array Mk XI]

Engineer Consoles

[Console - Engineering - RCS Accelerator Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - EPS Flow Regulator Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - EPS Flow Regulator Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - Field Generator Mk XI]

Science Consoles

[Console - Universal - Assimilated Module]
[Console - Science - Halon System Mk XI]

Tactical Consoles

[Console - Tactical - Phaser Relay Mk XI]
[Console - Tactical - Directed Energy Distribution Manifold Mk XI]
[Console - Tactical - Phaser Relay Mk XI]

Bridge Officers

Lt. Comm Tactical:
Beam Overload I
Torpedo: High Yield II
Beam Fire at Will III

Comm Engineer:
Emergency Power to Weapons I
Emergency Power to Shields II
Engineering Team III
Directed Energy Modulation III

Lt. Engineer
Engineering Team I
Reverse Shield Polarity I

Ensign Engineer
Emergency Power to Auxiliary I

Lt. Science
Hazard Emitters I
Transfer Shield Strength II

Power Settings

Weapons: 114/100
Shields: 72/50
Engines: 60/25
Auxiliary: 37/25
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Honestly this looks like a very solid build. It should work with no problems.

What you could try out:

- get another torp in the rear instead of a beam array.

- get the full Aegis set (Defl./Eng./Shields).

- use Attack pattern Beta 1 instead of High Yield 2 and go for High Yield 1 instead of Overload 1.

- get a 2nd copy of EptShields instead of EPtAUX1 to keep your shieldpower constantly high.

- Get EPtShields 3 instead of Engi Team 3. Use Engi Team 2 instead.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-19-2011, 05:45 PM
With only beam overload 1, I would say that the breen set bonus and 2 Eps flow regulators is unnecessary. I would drop 1 or even both eps consoles in favor of something else. And as said before, maybe add a rear torp. Other than that I'd say its pretty solid.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Get rid of one EPS console and the RCS console, Your beam heavy and turning wont be an issue with you. The Excelsior turns fine without it for a cruiser. Double up on Plasma distribution manifolds instead to keep your weapons power maxed out especially if your going to be using FaW and Beam Overload. Ive used this build before with a tac captain. Our job is to hit hard. Hit the ceiling with your weapons power and stay there :-D. Youll see better performance out of all those expensive toys. I would also recommend getting rid of torpedo high yield and throw in tac team 1. Get rid of beam overload and throw in attack battern beta and then use torps like hargh peng they dont have any skill points dedicated to them in the skill tree so that saves you points to put into something else and high yield Boff Skill doesnt work with em anyway. 6 beams and two hargh peng torps with your Alpha strike, FoMM, Go down Fighting, and Attack Pattern Beta options will be all you need to do some good damage. I think this build is effiecient and effective and youll notice better results immediatly
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
Get rid of one EPS console and the RCS console, Your beam heavy and turning wont be an issue with you. The Excelsior turns fine without it for a cruiser. Double up on Plasma distribution manifolds instead to keep your weapons power maxed out especially if your going to be using FaW and Beam Overload. Ive used this build before with a tac captain. Our job is to hit hard. Hit the ceiling with your weapons power and stay there :-D. Youll see better performance out of all those expensive toys. I would also recommend getting rid of torpedo high yield and throw in tac team 1. Get rid of beam overload and throw in attack battern beta and then use torps like hargh peng they dont have any skill points dedicated to them in the skill tree so that saves you points to put into something else and high yield Boff Skill doesnt work with em anyway. 6 beams and two hargh peng torps with your Alpha strike, FoMM, Go down Fighting, and Attack Pattern Beta options will be all you need to do some good damage. I think this build is effiecient and effective and youll notice better results immediatly
I'd agree with going 6 beams instead of 7. Are you suggesting 2 forward Harg'Pengs or 1 fore, 1 aft?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Pve build?

Do 2 copies of faw, epts and eptw and balance ur shields. Should be enough.

No torps are needed, they can be fun though :p