Lt. Commander
Hey: Can anyone help me with the following error? It only happens when I attempt to log into Tribble and after this latest patch. Holodeck works fine.

I really want to get on and test the S4 content, but cannot figure out what is going on here.

Thanks!

Product
GameClient.exe

Problem
Stopped working

Date
6/19/2011 8:44 AM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GameClient.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4df9625d
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2e59
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb7341c
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000abdcb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2e59
Additional Information 2: 463c5665511c2357b99e875dde06ac8e
Additional Information 3: ccf4
Additional Information 4: 4d5c3867b52aaff76f6dd5d37a3c6390
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm having the exact same problem, minus the part where it actually tells me anything whatsoever about what went wrong. I just get the error report popup, and nothing else.

The only time it works is right after reinstalling Playtest from scratch, and even then, the time after that you have to reinstall it again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Thanks, how do you reinstall playtest?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Simply by deleting the content of the .../Cryptic/Star Trek Online/Playtest/ folder. I wiped out everything except the screenshots. Then next time you log in and select Tribble it downloads a new copy of the client. But as I said, it only worked on the first login for me. After you've been on Tribble and logged out, expect to have to reinstall it again the next time you want to go on there. That's not a complete disaster when you're talking about a test server, but we're about one or two weeks away from that problem migrating to Holodeck, and going through an hour long process of reinstalling and patching they game every day seems like a bad thing...

Anyway, my first guess was that the on demand patching bit was causing the trouble - afterall the game works on the first run, which seems like something it wouldn't do if it were a hardware compatibility thing. It works, it runs, and then breaks itself in the process. But disabling on demand patching didn't help. Still, I haven't tried disabling it on a clean install yet. So I guess I'll try that next, and I'd suggest you try the same. Fingers crossed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Does the crash occur if you start the game in Safe Mode? Also, if you have TeamViewer installed, this will crash STO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-24-2011, 03:40 PM
The crash does occur in safemode, yes. With no more or less in the way of explanation than oherwise. And no, I haven't got anything called Teamviewer installed. From the way you phrased it, that would've effected Holodeck and Tribble both. I have (thus far) had no trouble logging into Holodeck. It's only Tribble. Which depressingly enough is Holodeck's future.

Anyway, I tried what I suggested to Temerson - reinstall and patch with on-demand patching disabled - and again it worked fine on the first login. I logged out without even having gone past character selection, and the immediate login attempt after that resulted in another mystery crash. So that made no difference at all.