Lt. Commander
# 11
06-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Carriers are OP and can't be killed. I know, I can't kill them either

Hint filter out npcs from options menu.
What game you playing? Carriers are far from the undefeatable mammoths you guys make them out to be. They've been nerfed so hard from release and now with FAW and C:SV as it is they're pets die within seconds. If they're not, you're either not using FAW/C:SV or got something wrong with your power output. Honestly, since launch the number of pets they can launch has been lowered, their shields have been nerfed, and they only have six total weapons despite being the biggest ship in the game. Even the Kar'fi carrier with its extra weapon slot is more than kill-able.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I have an idea, maybe Cryptic could boost FAW to get rid of the spam, or add an AOE torpedo.......Er wait.
Yes....and to even things out a bit,only the Feds will get that AOE torpedo.We donīt need it as the Feds donīt have access to PvE spam.....
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
What game you playing? Carriers are far from the unrepeatable mammoths you guys make them out to be. They've been nerfed so hard from release and now with FAW and C:SV as it is they're pets die within seconds. If they're not, you're either not using FAW/C:SV or got something wrong with your power output. Honestly, since launch the number of pets they can launch has been lowered, their shields have been nerfed, and they only have six total weapons despite being the biggest ship in the game. Even the Kar'fi carrier with its extra weapon slot is more than kill-able.
That thar be sarcasm, but fret not, as sarcasm often translates poorly via text. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-19-2011, 07:02 PM
A fed complaining about Spam oh the irony.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
That thar be sarcasm, but fret not, as sarcasm often translates poorly via text. ^^
Ahhh yes, "sarc", my 2nd favorite type of "asm"
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Haha, i love to make Feds angry so much Catch me if you can !
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Hmm.. I dont have a problem against spam from a single carrier.. If Carriers send their spam against me,I can usually break formation and take those fighters/Frigates with me.. Then my team will have a much easier time hitting the nest.

And really... CSV is pretty effective at clearing spam, if you know how to use it, and if youre one of the cheap FAW gods, spam shouldt be an issue at all
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Ahhh yes, "sarc", my 2nd favorite type of "asm"
Is the first evilg- or geekg- ?
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-20-2011, 04:41 AM
Meh..

It is nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

I'll be frank, I really don't like the carrier much, and I especially despise seeing several in a match. But, they aren't that strong any more. I've taken out a fair few idiot carriers solo.

Granted, I would be much happier if the pets went away.

Regarding runners, that's why you need sci ships....
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-20-2011, 05:07 AM
I think it's pretty misleading to paint this as a Klingon issue with the ammount of Sci fleet/MVAM/fleet support I see in PVP. Starfleet spams too.