Lt. Commander
# 81
06-29-2011, 05:57 AM
This thread is just too funny......Feds blaming us for carrier PvE spam.....but at the same time they want a carrier of their own to PvE spam.

Feds....how typical....
Lt. Commander
# 82
06-29-2011, 06:13 AM
I dont want carrier, hence i can complain about NPCs killing me in PvP :p
Lt. Commander
# 83
07-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
You will get over it. Ypu dont like carrier spam stick to pve please.
Lt. Commander
# 84
07-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
i got killed by a fleet support battleship last night in Ker'rat. The damn thing went on to kill a Cube & 2 Spheres.
It was pretty funny.
I didn't complain though. I guess i missed an opportunity there.
Lt. Commander
# 85
07-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
You will get over it. Ypu dont like carrier spam stick to pve please.
haha ok that one is funny... if you don't like my PvE ships stick to PvE... hehe

Don't worry though Mikey sounds like they are going to be looking at our friendly neighbor hood carriers again. I think I smell a pet reduction coming.
Lt. Commander
# 86
07-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
haha ok that one is funny... if you don't like my PvE ships stick to PvE... hehe

Don't worry though Mikey sounds like they are going to be looking at our friendly neighbor hood carriers again. I think I smell a pet reduction coming.
Bops are not pve ships, They are NPC's. Techincally, Bops on a carrier arnt spam. Once you have 6 bops out u cant launch anymore, Mines are spam, SS3 is spam, Those abilities have a cooldown and u can use it over and over
So even if my Bop launch is off CD i cant use it.
Lt. Commander
# 87
07-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:

Yea A pet reduction, with buffed fighters is what i heard
Lt. Commander
# 88
07-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
Bops are not pve ships, They are NPC's. Techincally, Bops on a carrier arnt spam. Once you have 6 bops out u cant launch anymore, Mines are spam, SS3 is spam, Those abilities have a cooldown and u can use it over and over
So even if my Bop launch is off CD i cant use it.
Exactly Mikey you have almost no control at all over it there for IMHO (keep in mind I'm a klink) its spam.. and shouldn't be in PvP... however it is. So your right adjust or suck it up.

I am fine with them killing all carrier spam... and replacing it with 1 or 2 pets that have CONTROL options. Other games that have a pet class have rudimentary controls over there pets... things like Attack / Disengage... some games even give the pets limited abilities which the player can trigger... if YOU had control over the pets behaviour NO ONE could argue that it was spam anymore. The carrier pilot should control when a bop pet cloaks... or engages CRF... or HY 1... Or uses Aceton... or drops a Tric Mine. The lack of control over pets for a pet class in ANY game MMO or Not is ridiculous... to think Cryptic has gotten away with that for a year and a half is crazy.

If they added a proper pet control interface... they could even dream up cool new pets... what about a pet that had very limited weapons... and a copy of engi team / hazards / or TSS that could be cast on the mothership when called for. How about a mini Klink Sci Bop... call it the Brel pet... that had a couple weak sci powers that would show up in that pet control interface. Lost op that is the Cryptic motto with carrier design.

Cryptic could have made the pet classes COOL and non spammy... however right now its just plain spam.
Lt. Commander
# 89
07-07-2011, 08:17 AM
maybe using the ui for controlling Boffs on lolground for controlling your space pets would work.
Lt. Commander
# 90
07-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I hate npc spam for the sole reason of the unpleasant gaming experience. if you do not know what i mean, enter the gorn fleeet action and fly in middle of 15+ frigates. and watch your screen shake and hear awful sounds of the 16167166161 torpedoes hitting your ship.

Either make the fighters a special attack with nice graphic and some dmg or effect (i liked that suggestion a lot) or create few better pets with command options.