Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Um.. Empok Nor is Terok Nors (DS9s) sister Station, same design, different actual Station. The Feds would still have DS9 proper, the KDF would get a mirror, taken (by force, preferably) from the True Way.

In fact, wouldn't it be cool if we got to see the entire process of the KDF seizing Empok Nor?

First, we get a new raid mission, where we attack & destroy True Way & Rogue Dominion Patrols.

Then, we get a defense mission, setting up a sensor net and automatic defenses for the requisite satellites to form a path for our forces to move through to Empok Nor. (A daily could be introduced afterward along the lines of the Traelus system Satellite Repair.)

Then, the invasion of Empok Nor itself, we lay siege to the barely operational station, invade it's labyrinthine halls, and force the True Way & their Alpha Jem'Hadar allies to surrender, die, or, surrender then die, their choice.

Then, we get the rarest of the rares, a KDF non-combat mission.
  • Tactical Officers re-arm the station, sweep it for "surprises" left behind, and interrogate any captured petaQ that have the dishonor of having survived.
  • Scientists repair & upgrade it's sensor arrays, heal injured members of the KDF, and recover any files still left in the Main Computer.
  • Engineers get to run around repairing damaged EPS conduits, the Turbolifts, the Shield Array, and upgrade the main Power core.

Each stage should be a week-long event, much like the FEs, it will help the KDF gain population, and can be replayed via mission replay once it's over for grinding XP. It should not come with gear rewards, as that will end up tempting the Devs to make it Faction Neutral somehow. (Don't put it past them, they'll do it!)

After all of them have completed, the KDF gains permanent access to yoDjuH'a' vo' 'Iw as their primary base of operations in the Alpha Trianguli System Block.
And once taken over, regular patrols of the system to root out any True Way spies or stragglers, worth XP and level appropriate badges
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-22-2011, 06:50 PM
There are a lot of great ideas in this thread.

Whatever the Devs do, at some point they need to add more Klingon stations. Klingons need an equivalent to the transwarp capabilities of the diplomacy system and it'd be great to add some bases to accomodate it. Plus, they double as social hubs, which the Klingons need more of.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
There are a lot of great ideas in this thread.

Whatever the Devs do, at some point they need to add more Klingon stations. Klingons need an equivalent to the transwarp capabilities of the diplomacy system and it'd be great to add some bases to accomodate it. Plus, they double as social hubs, which the Klingons need more of.
Well, they did double the size of Qo'Nos...so in that, they have done more to help the social areas...I do however think that we should have another base...perhaps in Pi Canis......
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-23-2011, 08:19 AM
The only part that really troubles me is where do we actually need a base now?
We have the Fist City. We have Drozana in Eta Eridani. We have Batle Group Omega.
Maybe we really only need two more: Beta Ursae and Alpha Centauri/ Psi Velorum?
Ether way, I think Drozana Station rokz!!!

We should turn to the Ferengi. They believe in the "Great Material Continum" so let's turn that into a tool for us.

*Hears the ignitor assembly on the flamethrows powering up*
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleto_Deadman
We have the Fist City. We have Drozana in Eta Eridani. We have Batle Group Omega.

We should turn to the Ferengi. They believe in the "Great Material Continum" so let's turn that into a tool for us.

Considering that those bases/stations pretty much only cover a third of the Galaxy available in the game, I don't think they're nearly enough.

I think we need another base in Alpha Trianguli or Zeta Andromedae, and another in either Alpha Centauri or Iota Pavonis.

Wherever you are in the galaxy at the moment, you're one sector block away from a Fed installation, I think the same kind of access needs to happen on the Klingon side.

While taking Empok Nor is my first choice, both for it's canon associations and it's location, another Nor-class Station (to capitalize on any improvements to the Nor model in game when the next FE hits) would be acceptable.

I still think the KDF needs a cloaked asteroid base though.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleto_Deadman

You are correct about the last statement...lol....
I would suggest we have a base in Pi Canis...as for the blue space...having bases there would certainly not be feasable...think of the map where it changes color as the war front...why would we have a base in enemy land way in the rear behind the front?...... Perhaps if we were given access to DS9...that would be all we really need to make a base in that area....
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Well, they did double the size of Qo'Nos...so in that, they have done more to help the social areas...I do however think that we should have another base...perhaps in Pi Canis......
Just making one area bigger doesn't solve a problem. They didn't really add any variety. Look at the other side of it. Federation players have ESD, Vulcan, DS9, Andoria, Risa, and at least two Starbases as social zones. The Klingons have Qo'Nos and one space station. There isn't much variety in that. Some might argue that with the Klingon population being what it is, you'd want to keep them in the same place. However, some players like to explore. Some players like to set up social events. The bases are used as Hubs for the Diplomatic transwarp abilities. The Klingons don't have anything that compares. Not that I think the Devs should drop everything and make more social zones, but I hope with future content, they could work in new space stations and the such that are used in missions but that can be visited outside the mission the way many Federation starbases are.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
why would we have a base in enemy land way in the rear behind the front?....
You need to ask? To attack them from behind, of course. Also to launch attacks on other powers, like Romulans and Cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Lots of Great ideas in here and not one dev comment, what gives??
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-28-2011, 01:15 AM
With the upcoming Feature Episode coming after Season 4 release. The Klingons need a Base or Space station near Beta Ursae and I think we could put a neutral port in at Defera System in the Orellius Sector Block. This cold be use by both the Federation and Klingons to be able to use the Exchange and Bank system, either run by the Deferi or Ferengi's. All the Dev's need to do is make a Building for both to use on Dereri Prime.