Lt. Commander
# 21
06-26-2011, 03:18 PM
I decided to go the corny route and do a Kobayashi Maru one. All the characters in it are based on people I know, and I try to keep the details consistent with every other bit of fiction I do.

I must also regretfully inform everybody that I went over the character limit.

Again.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidus View Post
I decided to go the corny route and do a Kobayashi Maru one. All the characters in it are based on people I know, and I try to keep the details consistent with every other bit of fiction I do.

I must also regretfully inform everybody that I went over the character limit.

Again.
No problems there. I go over character limits a lot, especially over on YouTube.

Of course, that's probably because YouTube has a flimsy 500 character limit when posting a comment.

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed your little story. Programming a Borg Sphere into the Kobayashi Maru was an interesting way to win it.

I'm somewhat inspired to do my own Kobayashi Maru, but in my own way. Don't know if I'll actually write it, but I will let you know that the idea I have has the hacker being a friend of the main character, instead of the character himself.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Yep, this one is definitely not easy.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seseron

Soriedem, good job on the writing. I have only one suggestion. I stumbled slightly over the last sentence of the first paragraph. I would change it to one of the following two:

"It was strange and wonderful, and there were no Borg."

or

"It was strange. It was wonderful. And there were no Borg."
Thank you for the suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Oh, hey Arachnidus (and anyone else who needs more than one posting):
Don't worry if your story is long. As long as it's well-readable and not just a big clump of text - I'm sure we'll enjoy the story just the same.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-28-2011, 10:45 AM
I finally managed to muster something together for this challenge. This one follows on from a little after my taking command offering in challenge 2.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Mine is short, but I think it tells the story.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Mine is short, but I think it tells the story.
I like the angle you took on the challenge, it gets the story across quite well.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
I gotta say, one of the things I like best about this is getting to know other people's characters.

Bring on the next challenge! I can't wait to see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Being in the middle of getting my house ready to sell (pray for us! In this market, we need it!) and prepping for a cross country move leaves me with zip for time, so I revised a story I wrote a couple months back for a fleet challenge. Hope you like the little twist at the end.

Once we have the house on the market life _might_ settle down a bit, and I hopefully will have more time to provide some decent critiques.
Closed Thread