Lt. Commander
# 21 Next Mission
06-27-2011, 01:00 PM
My next foundry mission "Brownout" will be released this week - hopefully before Friday.

"Starfleet is having problems expanding the transwarp network. The Deferi have supplied us information about the Euquiqueans, a peaceful, if xenophobic species with technology that would revolutionize our ability to deploy within the transwarp network. Very little is known of the Euquiqueans, and they have ignored all offers at a traditional first contact protocol, until now. They have agreed to meet as long as the Deferi accompany us, and the Deferi are requesting you…"
Lt. Commander
# 22 Sorry, didn't like it
06-27-2011, 08:35 PM
I gave up on the mission after the rendezvous with the Dallas.
I spent 10-15 minutes scanning the circle on the map -- and once I finally found a signal, ended up having to scan another circle while trying to figure out what the heck was meant by "Follow the subspace wake" (with nothing marked on the screen or map). Being randomly kicked out to Regulus system after another 10 minutes -- with no option to pick up the mission where I left off -- was the final straw.

Maybe I'm missing something -- I'd like to know what.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallShane
I gave up on the mission after the rendezvous with the Dallas.
I spent 10-15 minutes scanning the circle on the map -- and once I finally found a signal, ended up having to scan another circle while trying to figure out what the heck was meant by "Follow the subspace wake" (with nothing marked on the screen or map). Being randomly kicked out to Regulus system after another 10 minutes -- with no option to pick up the mission where I left off -- was the final straw.

Maybe I'm missing something -- I'd like to know what.
You're not the first person to tell me of this... After you meet the Dallas there should be a waypoint to the right. Flying into it triggers it, then another one appears near it. For some, they make it to the first waypoint just fine, but instead the same problem happens with the second. It's only happened with a very small amount of people but I couldn't replicate the situation when trying to correct it.
- I even tried rebuilding the entire map from scratch to correct this problem. With apparently no luck, I'm forced to leave it as is, until I can find a work around.

And as for the picking up the mission, that's a deal with the foundry. If you leave a foundry mission it basically makes you start over. Unless there is some feature I'm missing that allows you to continue after a certain point and if that's the case any foundry user that can point it out to me would be a saint.

I know it's frustrating. I hate playing a mission and being stunted by a problem that doesn't let you complete it. I'm sorry you didn't like it. I hope at some point you'll give it another shot. Usually when someone plays through, after they give it a second whirl, the problem doesn't repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Handle change?
06-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
No foul play at all.

This mission had to be unpublished by the user because his handle had been changed. Sadly handle changes do not show in the Foundry, as it does not re-sync with the system after a handle is updated. (Different servers that never were meant to speak to one another and all that.)

I'm sorry it's still 'under review'; I had hoped that in the week it took to change everything around the mission would have been back in the regular review lists.
How did they change their handle?
I've always been told that we CAN'T change our handles under any circumstances.
I would like to change my handle then as my account has apparently been hacked.
Who do I talk to about this?

---EDIT---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancy8512
"Know, think, choose, do."
I'll give a full set of Aegis Equip, to the first person who tells me what that quote is from!
That is a quote of Orson Scott Card from 'Ender's Shadow'.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Bugged...
07-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately, as of right now this mission - along with many other foundry missions - is bugged due to the Season 4 update. I'm going to wait and see if Cryptic has a way of fixing this before I take it down, but as of right now, the mission is on the fritz.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancy8512
Unfortunately, as of right now this mission - along with many other foundry missions - is bugged due to the Season 4 update. I'm going to wait and see if Cryptic has a way of fixing this before I take it down, but as of right now, the mission is on the fritz.
At least I know why the Foundry was taken offline. I clicked the "read more" link on the news part of my client but did not see the reason why the Foundry is offline.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Back online
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
My mission is back online! Thank you Cryptic! My follow-up mission should be out within the week!
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-09-2011, 08:33 AM
i just now tried to find the mission so that i can play it, but it's nowhere in the Foundry listings
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-09-2011, 09:02 AM
I'd like to nominate for highlight the entire Infiltration Series by Captain_Revo. The first Mission, "Crouching Ty'Gokor, Hidden Demon", is already highlighted.

That's the least interesting of the 5. It's all uphill from there.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
I realize the "Spotlight Missions" is to showcase exceptionally well done missions by the community. But surely, you could've chosen a Klingon mission or two, to spotlight?
The last one was a Klingon one lol.

Looks great I shall be playing it later tonight, as these are the only Foundry missions I will play I look forward to them.