Lt. Commander
Hello all,
I am an Engineer Commander 3 and captain of a heavy cruiser.
In the last defense mission I did, I went against 7 Naga fighters. I play in advanced mode but I usually destroy these type of ships very easily. This time, however, I did not last 3 seconds...
I tried several times, but same result: my shields go down in 2 seconds and my hull in 1 second. The fighters deal more than 27,000 torpedo damages each strike!!!
I tried in normal mode, same result.
What is happening? Is it normal? Did I do something wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2011, 03:24 AM
I'm guessing you didn't see what level the Naga were. There was probably a VA in the DSE causing the mobs to spawn at 51, considerably higher than your 23.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2011, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy
I'm guessing you didn't see what level the Naga were. There was probably a VA in the DSE causing the mobs to spawn at 51, considerably higher than your 23.
Yes, that's pretty much the only explanation, as it is unlikely you forgot to equip shields.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Ok, thanks for the explanation!
How do I check the level of the ennmies?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Vice Admirals and the lot make one big massive mistake.

They rush leveling, then go backwards to low level areas to accolade.

I've recently leveled an alt for nothing more than more rewards for my 500 days.

Yet that character finished all ground and space damage/resistance/etc accolades, whilst the character leveled.

In commander alone I maxed the space accolades of 5 damage types (resistance and dealing) by swapping the weapons around as needed, and did all the romulan/reman/true-way kill deeds.

Thats just in one rank.

VA's should level smarter, rather than ruining DSE's of lower level for the people that by being equal level to the dse, should have priority; because they were just plain lazy.

If a VA must do this because they leveled up not too logically...then before firing one shot they should nag the lower level peeps to invite them to team, then match squad leaders level...or leave, period.

VA's should only feel welcomed, and not like an exploiter ruining dozens of LEVELING players encounters which are designed for those that are leveling...in their own instances. A VA should only feel clean and respectable, in a VA instance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runcitter View Post
Ok, thanks for the explanation!
How do I check the level of the ennmies?
When you target them, there will be a number below their avatar at the top of the screen. The number will either be +1, +2, +3, etc. or -1, -2, -3. These signify the difference in level between you and them. So, +2 means they are 2 levels above you, and -2 means they are 2 levels below you. If you see +23, do not engage them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39

I've recently leveled an alt for nothing more than more rewards for my 500 days.

Yet that character finished all ground and space damage/resistance/etc accolades, whilst the character leveled.

In commander alone I maxed the space accolades of 5 damage types (resistance and dealing) by swapping the weapons around as needed, and did all the romulan/reman/true-way kill deeds.

Thats just in one rank.

VA's should level smarter, rather than ruining DSE's of lower level for the people that by being equal level to the dse, should have priority; because they were just plain lazy.

If a VA must do this because they leveled up not too logically...then before firing one shot they should nag the lower level peeps to invite them to team, then match squad leaders level...or leave, period.

VA's should only feel welcomed, and not like an exploiter ruining dozens of LEVELING players encounters which are designed for those that are leveling...in their own instances. A VA should only feel clean and respectable, in a VA instance.
To be fair, I wouldn't blame players for doing out lvl'd DSE content for accolades. It's easy to out level content, I recently started a new toon and at Lt 6 I've already out leveled a system patrol. Now that I'm in Eta doing the Devidian series, I'll no doubt outlevel more.

The Devs allow people to go back do outleveled content, accolade hunters wouldn't go back if no accolades existed there. So blame the existence of accolades, not people that want them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39

Um... what if I outleveled it before Accolades even existed

But hey, thanks for the stereotype. What a lazy post :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
When you target them, there will be a number below their avatar at the top of the screen. The number will either be +1, +2, +3, etc. or -1, -2, -3. These signify the difference in level between you and them. So, +2 means they are 2 levels above you, and -2 means they are 2 levels below you. If you see +23, do not engage them.
I don't see any plus sign with the ones that are above me, although the number is in red alright.

For those lower than me I do see the minus sign, but the number isn't green, it's white.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
To be fair, I wouldn't blame players for doing out lvl'd DSE content for accolades. It's easy to out level content, I recently started a new toon and at Lt 6 I've already out leveled a system patrol. Now that I'm in Eta doing the Devidian series, I'll no doubt outlevel more.
Same here. There's no way to stop gaining XP. My alt will gain levels whether I want him to or not. And if I "stay behind" to do all the accolades I'll still be gaining XP, so by the time I'm done with Klingons and Orions I'll already be more powerful than the Romulans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Um... what if I outleveled it before Accolades even existed

But hey, thanks for the stereotype. What a lazy post :p
My main is in this same predicament. Got to VA before Accolades went live and now I've got a lot of backtracking to do.

A simple 'Match level with DSE?' option would solve this issue completely.

Z