Lt. Commander
# 11
06-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleshoo View Post
I don't see any plus sign with the ones that are above me, although the number is in red alright.

For those lower than me I do see the minus sign, but the number isn't green, it's white.
It will be:
  • Above your level X
  • Equal to your level X
  • Lower than your level -X

I ran into DSE mobs 38 levels higher than my alt last night. They looked like 38.

You should be able to handle enemies up to 5, depending on how many there are and if they aren't into the next tier. Any more than that and you're chancing a quick death.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleshoo View Post
I don't see any plus sign with the ones that are above me, although the number is in red alright.

For those lower than me I do see the minus sign, but the number isn't green, it's white.
Oops. you are right. been a while since i paid attention to that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, this makes DSE's unplayable. I'll be sucked into one then head towards an enemy but just before I'm in firing range it reveal their level and it's +33 or something. I then see a blue fed symbol, turn around, and sure enough a VA is there.

Joining another instance solves nothing when there's very few instances and more than enough VA's to buff the enemies levels.

They should really have the DES's either not scale or be separate instances for different level groups.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
To be fair, I wouldn't blame players for doing out lvl'd DSE content for accolades. It's easy to out level content, I recently started a new toon and at Lt 6 I've already out leveled a system patrol. Now that I'm in Eta doing the Devidian series, I'll no doubt outlevel more.

The Devs allow people to go back do outleveled content, accolade hunters wouldn't go back if no accolades existed there. So blame the existence of accolades, not people that want them.
It's also easy to have some self control and not go into low-level DSEs. VA players need to realize that they really screw up those areas for new players.

Ultimately, yes, it is the developers' fault for making it this way, but we don't have to compound the error.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
It's also easy to have some self control and not go into low-level DSEs. VA players need to realize that they really screw up those areas for new players.

Ultimately, yes, it is the developers' fault for making it this way, but we don't have to compound the error.
Or the devs could, I don't know, stick in an option or requirement for the high-level folks to match level with the DSE. It can't be terribly difficult to do and would eliminate a double-plus ungood aspect of STO. But I guess we'll have to wait until the new DSE's come out - whenever that is.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Or the devs could, I don't know, stick in an option or requirement for the high-level folks to match level with the DSE. It can't be terribly difficult to do and would eliminate a double-plus ungood aspect of STO. But I guess we'll have to wait until the new DSE's come out - whenever that is.

Z
That would fix the problem and you'd think it would be easy to do, but this problem has persisted since before the game launched.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
That would fix the problem and you'd think it would be easy to do, but this problem has persisted since before the game launched.
I know, I was here. That this has gone on so long makes a sad state of affairs even sadder.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm personally not an accolade hunter, reward vs effort and everything. But, you don't need DSE to level up, I avoid DSEs when raising a new toon. Lots of missions around to get you where you need to be, no sense wasting time in instances that can jump around in levels.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Out leveling before accolades existed, being a "high level newbie", rushing. There's a multitude of reasons.

The easiest thing they can do is make DSEs only spawn enemies of the designated level, not enemies of the level of the highest player in the instance. A match level of content option would be nice here, but I'd much prefer this to be forced since there ARE jerks who wouldn't use it just to be jerks.

At least 5 times leveling my considerably lower level alt I remember having to exit or change instance TEN TIMES in 20 minutes while doing Defends.

That reminds me. There's accolades for Defends, which where not given out retroactively. People might be out doing those, too.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:

Does the fact that I plaster pretty much everyone with Diplomatic Immunity and the fact that you can see what level these DSE's are before entering them by looking in the corner make up for upping their level on occasion? LOL.