Lt. Commander
# 1 Levels
06-21-2011, 09:47 AM
How many lieutenant levels are there? I thought there were only 10, but I've just been promoted to Level 11. Also, is there any way I can check how many levels there are per rank without bothering you good folks on here?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi,

When you hit level 11, just spend skill points on something - one of your ship skills, for example - and you'll graduate to the next rank. It works that way for all the tiers. Advancement and the gaining of powers is tied to skill point expenditure.

Every rank works with the same amount of levels, up to cap.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abramal
Hi,

When you hit level 11, just spend skill points on something - one of your ship skills, for example - and you'll graduate to the next rank. It works that way for all the tiers. Advancement and the gaining of powers is tied to skill point expenditure.

Every rank works with the same amount of levels, up to cap.
I seem to be stuck there, as all my possible skills are already full, and won't advance any further.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaren_Kincaid
I seem to be stuck there, as all my possible skills are already full, and won't advance any further.
Scroll the skills window.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
It is impossible to max all your tier 1 skills at level 11. One mistake that I made when I first started playing is that on the skill tree, I didn't know that I could scroll down the window. There were a whole bunch of skills that I didn't know I could put points into. If this is what happened to you, you can respec.

EDIT: Dou!, sniped by gym "haha I got in first" quirk.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
It is impossible to max all your tier 1 skills at level 11. One mistake that I made when I first started playing is that on the skill tree, I didn't know that I could scroll down the window. There were a whole bunch of skills that I didn't know I could put points into. If this is what happened to you, you can respec.

EDIT: Dou!, sniped by gym "haha I got in first" quirk.
Yes, you're absolutely right; I just discovered that. I feel stupid.
From what rank can I upgrade and change my ship? And, how would I set about doing that?
---
Don't worry; I've changed my ship by finally completing the upgrade, but I have a few more questions.
Can I rename my new ship and, if so, how?
And, how do I attend my promotion ceremony? It says "optional", but gives no explanation of what to do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Yes, you're absolutely right; I just discovered that. I feel stupid.
From what rank can I upgrade and change my ship? And, how would I set about doing that?
Don't worry, I made the same mistake during the beta.

You can get your new ship now. You get a new one with each rank. First, spend all your skill points. Then, goto ESD and speak to Admiral Quinn. You will receive a promotion and a ship token. Go to the ship requisition and select your ship. Then go to shipyard to switch your ship to the new one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Don't worry, I made the same mistake during the beta.

You can get your new ship now. You get a new one with each rank. First, spend all your skill points. Then, goto ESD and speak to Admiral Quinn. You will receive a promotion and a ship token. Go to the ship requisition and select your ship. Then go to shipyard to switch your ship to the new one.
Can I rename my ship? If so, how? And, can I install a customized bridge? If so, how?
Thank you for all your help.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Don't worry; I've changed my ship by finally completing the upgrade, but I have a few more questions.
Can I rename my new ship and, if so, how?
And, how do I attend my promotion ceremony? It says "optional", but gives no explanation of what to do.
You can rename your ship once for free. It might cost some merits to change again though. When you are in space, press 'u' to bring up your ship screen. There should be a 'rename' button somewhere at the bottom.

The promotion ceremony is at ESD, just north of the shipyard. The room looks like an auditorium. Talk to the guy standing at the podium.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
And, can I install a customized bridge? If so, how?
Thank you for all your help.
At the shipyard, there is an officer standing next to the big ship hologram. He will allow you to customize your ship. You can select a bridge there. Keep in mind there are only a few standard bridges to choose from. Some bridges must be purchased from the C-store (like the original series enterprise bridge).