Lt. Commander
# 21
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM
What war? Most Feds are happy to sit around playing with themselves anyway. There is no reason to fight other than the "storyline" says so. Rewards don't differentiate between War Games or actual Skirmishes. Queues are hit and miss. It's all too half baked.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Most Feds are happy to sit around playing with themselves anyway.
Hehehehehehe.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-30-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
And at what point while the factions are currently "At War" do they decide not to play for keeps and have a few war games?

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like it could be interesteing to me too, but nonsensical given the current circumstances.

If the war ends, then sure.
joint operations vs borg, undine what ever
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
And at what point while the factions are currently "At War" do they decide not to play for keeps and have a few war games?

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like it could be interesteing to me too, but nonsensical given the current circumstances.

If the war ends, then sure.
I find it no less believable than NX-class starships being in service in the 25th century.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
I find it no less believable than NX-class starships being in service in the 25th century.
Its not an NX class, it is retro design much like the new Dodge Challenger
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
What war? Most Feds are happy to sit around playing with themselves anyway. There is no reason to fight other than the "storyline" says so. Rewards don't differentiate between War Games or actual Skirmishes. Queues are hit and miss. It's all too half baked.
The war that's been declared, whether it's actually in practice or not.

Having that kind of "joint wargame" isn't just something that could happen because "we don't know what else to do with ourselves," it would also toss out any semblance of an attempt at a proper storyline. Even if it's half-baked, I would like SOMEBODY to try and make it make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
joint operations vs borg, undine what ever
Calling a temporary cease-fire and fighting a threat greater than your current opponent is a big difference from "Hey! Pause the war! We want to practice fighting each other as if we were allied!"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
^ There you go. Seriously, with all the retrofits out there I wouldn't be surprised (okay, I would a little) if someone introduced a fighter/shuttle-sized PHOENIX retrofit from First Contact. Besides, we're also lead to believe that there are actually what, 5 tiers of Birds-ofPrey in service, the ancient K'tinga, and the Raptor-class vessel which by design is older than even the NX. (It's an awesome ship to boot).

Even the Romulans have their Bird-of-Prey as a retrofit. We kick the tar out of them all the time.

And you know what? I can buy the retrofit thing. If a design works, keep it. if it takes fewer resources to outfit an older chassis, then you refit the older chassis.

But pausing a war to play "wargames" with a faction that, by governmental declaration, would otherwise not hesitate to kill or capture you? No, that I don't buy. Not until, as I said earlier, they end the war.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
No, the current Dodge Challenger model utilizes modern aerodynamic engineering in its design, making it a completely new car whose appearance is vaguely reminiscent of a classic model. The NX-class currently in game is just a straight up NX class.

Quote:
^ There you go. Seriously, with all the retrofits out there I wouldn't be surprised (okay, I would a little) if someone introduced a fighter/shuttle-sized PHOENIX retrofit from First Contact. Besides, we're also lead to believe that there are actually what, 5 tiers of Birds-ofPrey in service, the ancient K'tinga, and the Raptor-class vessel which by design is older than even the NX. (It's an awesome ship to boot).

Even the Romulans have their Bird-of-Prey as a retrofit. We kick the tar out of them all the time.

And you know what? I can buy the retrofit thing. If a design works, keep it. if it takes fewer resources to outfit an older chassis, then you refit the older chassis. .
Except, in this case, it would be like putting the engines, weaponry, and other internal systems of a Farragut-class destroyer into the hull of a clipper ship. There's been a century and a half's worth of Starfleet engineering and research into warp field geometry that has left even the hull design of the NX-class so far behind the times that any Starfleet ship designer that would seriously suggest reusing it would be laughed off Utopia Planitia. The Klingon and Romulan standard of "LET'S MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A BIRD, BIRDS ARE COOL" has no place as a benchmark for how Starfleet does things.

Anyway, my point is that if I am to accept 25th century NX-class starships as believable from a purely scientific perspective for the sake of game mechanics, then I am also willing to accept faction-mixed team wargames because both require me to ignore them as canonically happening.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
No, the current Dodge Challenger model utilizes modern aerodynamic engineering in its design, making it a completely new car whose appearance is vaguely reminiscent of a classic model. The NX-class currently in game is just a straight up NX class.

Actually the engineering report on the NX class is it is actually a completely new ship modeled after the NX class. Just stating facts.