Lt. Commander
# 11
06-21-2011, 02:21 PM
This made me like the design a bit more. I still hate the dual necks and now there's even more dual-neck to hate. The ship looks like a bird with a football stuck sideways in it's throat :p

T-Cat's work definitely makes me loathe the design a lot less (especially side an 3/4 views) but still don't like it. I'd rather T-Cat were on mini-game duty instead of this though so maybe that makes me a bit biased against the look
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Well, it is still a like or hate thing. The Saucer looks cool on the drawn picture, but hell, what is that of a tail at the aft section. The neck still reminds me somehow of a whale...
Overall much better state than on previous pictures. I still have my canon Flagship Enterprise-E in my head and this will continue until I see a canon movie replacement of it. In some cases it is good that STO is not canon
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Hohwow!

I was cringing a little over the first 'paint over' in that Dev Diary, (To be frank, I hate that take on the deflector dish and just how thin and narrow the Saucer looks, compared to the neck, from the bow elevation)

...But then I saw the draft render at the bottom of the page...

Oh wow.

I'm starting to like this evolution!

Hanging out for part 3!
QFT.

Thomas' work is good, but started to divert too much from Adam Ihle’s design, especially with the front deflector. But Adam Williams seems to have taken Thomas' ideas and reigned them back in to work better with the original design. The draft render looks very good IMPO, and I'm looking forward to the final diary
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Not sure how I feel about that flare on the ***-end of the ship, but I see great potential in the ship as a whole.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and say I reserve final judgement until I see it in motion. The Excelsior is an ugly tub in still photos, but seeing the tubby girl fly is a sight to behold. I get the feeling this ship will be similar.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Whatever the ship we end up with is like, I'm sure we'll all grow to like it in the end. Well, that's going by the renders we have so far. Personally, although I'd do things a little differently, I feel like it's moving in the right direction and I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing the final product.

Keep up the great work (as alway), devs!
Lt. Commander
# 16
I don't like how much the saucer looks like the Sovereign class. When I saw the original design I had hoped it would look more like the Galaxy.

I prefer the render at the end over the paintover
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-21-2011, 02:27 PM
The saucer is supposed to be ROUND!
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Where's the "new" aspect?

Still looks too much like an "E" saucer.

I'll only collect this ship to collect it, when the mission for it comes out. Doubt I'll fly this....though I'll probably enjoying blowing it up on my KDF
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Given that this entire project, and the contest beforehand, was an exercise in subjectivity at it's nigh most optimum, I for one welcome to see the final unveiled design for the 1701-F. Whatever the final form, it'll be new, it'll belong to this game, and possibly drive Star Trek for years unknown to come. Who really, truly knows.

All I have to say for my two lantimum strips part, is where's my set of Prefix Codes to one of these babys.
Lt. Commander
# 20 My only problem
06-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Well, other than the saucer of an Enterprise should be rounder (think I've lost that argument) my only problem is that the neck still isn't substantial enough. While it is more substantial than the original design, it just doesn't look like something that people travel through and work in. It looks like a structural ring around the hull and saucer rather than something that people use. The neck is how people get from the saucer to main engineering. I can live with the double neck, but it still needs to perform that basic task. Make it thick enough that windows look ok on it, that's what I think.

I do like the aft end though, the nacelles and pylons are find, the aft of the hull is interesting.