Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 501
06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapaxbr View Post
Lets See Some Leaks!!
You haven't seen them yet? Enjoy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 502
06-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Right right - I'm referring to simply bad designs I've made, not necessarily kit bashes. Look at the Envoy. *shudder* I had no clue what I was doing back then. I know some people like the Comet but now, in retrospect, I'd have done it differently.
After more than a year now that i am playing STO, i think that the envoy does have some intereting parts, like the nacelles or the monstrous saucer, i would love if those parts (inluding the celestial ship parts) would be availlable to the Galaxy -R and -X.
(especially if it where possible to flip the pylons from facing backwards to facing forwards )
I know that the problem is the saucer seperation, but it would be just awesome.

Personally i find the Comet (if you mean the recon science ship variant) much worse, that ship is just clunky, the only nice part on it are the nacelles, but they are gorgeous IMHO.

I think the long neck of the envoy resembles the Excalibur from the concept drawings a bit.
As i already said some parts are ok, some not. But the combination of them (the envoy class general shape) is dreadful (sorry).
Some small changes would have helped a lot, like adding some pylons that are facing forward, or a shorter neck. Sometimes there are some good design approaches there but then other things are too dominant so the design looks a bit strange IMHO.


Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 503
06-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I described the new material in one of those huge posts I did on a previous page... basically it's a more white-looking material... like current NASA satellites and the space shuttle looks, but with soft-edged part lines. I'll leak screenies soon.
And this is only going to be usable on the new Enterprise class ship? Because most ships could use a lighter texture...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 504
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
Personally i find the Comet (if you mean the recon science ship variant) much worse, that ship is just clunky, the only nice part on it are the nacelles, but they are gorgeous IMHO.
I love the saucer from the comet class, myself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 505
06-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I*edit for Nagus - LOL that's funny - what really had me rolling was the ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
Every time I read Nagus's .sig, I hear Zek's (Wallace Shawn's) very distinct voice saying it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 506
06-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Right right - I'm referring to simply bad designs I've made, not necessarily kit bashes. Look at the Envoy. *shudder* I had no clue what I was doing back then. I know some people like the Comet but now, in retrospect, I'd have done it differently.
So the Envoy huh..that was your responsibility..! *stares daggers* :p

Honestly the Envoy is IMO the poster child for bad ship variant design in this game. Nothing that I'm aware of has as many random holes, hard edges, layered hull plating and just un-federation like design as heavy as that ship ingame. However most of those qualities look GREAT on Klingon ships and a lot of the cryptic designed KDF ships look really appropriate as a result.

Now if you don't hate me.

It would be really awesome to see one of the variants echo fairly close to some of Ithias(spelling?) final design sketches. I'm not asking for a direct copy due to legal implications but something that echos his refined designs as ship parts or variants. I'm sure someone has already posted these but if not here are a couple of his latest shots. If anything going with a round saucer would probably be enough.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 507
06-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
So the Envoy huh..that was your responsibility..! *stares daggers* :p

Honestly the Envoy is IMO the poster child for bad ship variant design in this game. Nothing that I'm aware of has as many random holes, hard edges, layered hull plating and just un-federation like design as heavy as that ship ingame. However most of those qualities look GREAT on Klingon ships and a lot of the cryptic designed KDF ships look really appropriate as a result.

Now if you don't hate me.

It would be really awesome to see one of the variants echo fairly close to some of Ithias(spelling?) final design sketches. I'm not asking for a direct copy due to legal implications but something that echos his refined designs as ship parts or variants. I'm sure someone has already posted these but if not here are a couple of his latest shots. If anything going with a round saucer would probably be enough.

Pic 1
Pic 2
I like those nacelles alot, would be nice to see it on a front/rear/ top/bottom views though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 508
06-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
And this is only going to be usable on the new Enterprise class ship? Because most ships could use a lighter texture...
For now yes. I'd like to get it integrated in to all of the rest of the ships eventually. I'll speak more on this later.

Fenrir- those are kickass images!! Who did those? I like 'em.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 509
06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
For now yes. I'd like to get it integrated in to all of the rest of the ships eventually. I'll speak more on this later.

Fenrir- those are kickass images!! Who did those? I like 'em.
Somebody did a demo script edit or something that showed the TOS Connie texture on other ships and aside from the deflector texture wrapping in weird places, it looked pretty cool too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 510
06-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Fenrir- those are kickass images!! Who did those? I like 'em.
Adam Ihle, the winner. That's his imageshack "gallery" for his later work on his ship. I am shocked you haven't been keeping up with these images... he has a very nice nacelle design that you needed badly, at least early on. And you know... round saucer (which looks loads and loads better)

I was urging you guys to include him early and often.

If your lawyers couldn't make that happen, consider new lawyers

As it is, that is the real "F" and the one we're discussing here will be "the one that was in that Cryptic game"


And no it doesn't matter what CBS says, in the end, the fans choose.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 PM.