Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Guys, this is still broken, and it's making PVP silly. Why doesn't it get increased? It's maddening having to corkscrew up to a fight like some sort of aeroplane, and it means you can't bring cannons to bear on something that can bring beams to bear on you for quite a while when you have to "corkscrew up" to them, it actually means although carriers are less manouverable, they have to manouver far less to outmanouver escorts in some cases. Where's the logic in that? I mean, really, where? It makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Seriously. It's not even like the increase would have to be all that significant either. If Mustrum posts here, he has a link in his signature to a great discussion on the issue (one that would probably be considered a zombie thread by now).

Please eliminate the Cannon Blind Spot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Haha, try to use dual cannons with Galaxy-X and then complain about Z-Axis.

I hate the whole z-axis alpinism, its stupud how every match ends on the "roof" of the map.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Seriously. It's not even like the increase would have to be all that significant either. If Mustrum posts here, he has a link in his signature to a great discussion on the issue (one that would probably be considered a zombie thread by now).

Please eliminate the Cannon Blind Spot.
I will post here then.

Of course, the problem with increasing the z-axis is that the combat zone will move to te top of the map even more quickly. As long as the Z-Axis is treaded differently than the other, this will happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I will post here then.

Of course, the problem with increasing the z-axis is that the combat zone will move to te top of the map even more quickly. As long as the Z-Axis is treaded differently than the other, this will happen.
I don't think it will, people's tendancy to move up is mostly due to their mitigating cannon usefulness, if cannons were still useful with somebody manouvering "up" then it'd no longer have a benefit. Also, if it was quicker to get to the "roof", at least PVP would procede at a faster pace if people persisted in hiking during fights. I spawned into an Arena that was in progress the other day and it took me about a minute to get to the fight. I also had to take quite a dog leg course or face cork screwing right up under it whilst vulnerable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-02-2011, 05:10 AM
The invisible ceiling and floor are one of the most annoying aspects of space combat in this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-02-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
The invisible ceiling and floor are one of the most annoying aspects of space combat in this game.
Really ? do you imagine how high arena match would eventually take place without the roof ? you die, then spend 5 minutes flying up.....enjoy that with cruiser...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I will post here then.

Of course, the problem with increasing the z-axis is that the combat zone will move to te top of the map even more quickly. As long as the Z-Axis is treaded differently than the other, this will happen.
Honestly I think the Z Axis being increased would lower this from happening, cruisers do this to get out of Cannon arcs. Not because they enjoy flying up I think. (and if a cruiser is doing it right, he can keep all of his beams on the poor Escort, while the Escort never gets to bring Cannons to bear after the first few minutes in a fight)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
The invisible ceiling and floor are one of the most annoying aspects of space combat in this game.
I don't mind that as much as your first officer screaming "THERE'S NOTHING NEW ON SENSORS CAPTAIN. WOULD YOU LIKE TO SET A NEW COURSE, EVEN THOUGH I ASKED YOU 27360272469 TIMES IN A ROW AND YOU HIT NO? A GOOD FIRST OFFICER PRESENTS ALL OPTIONS!!!11!1!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I don't mind that as much as your first officer screaming "THERE'S NOTHING NEW ON SENSORS CAPTAIN. WOULD YOU LIKE TO SET A NEW COURSE, EVEN THOUGH I ASKED YOU 27360272469 TIMES IN A ROW AND YOU HIT NO? A GOOD FIRST OFFICER PRESENTS ALL OPTIONS!!!11!1!"
There is a less annoying way to deal with that.

Drag the box to the top left of your screen (as far up there as you can get it) It's not like you need to see anything up there anyway once you are up that high.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 AM.