Lt. Commander
# 11
06-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the only reason there is spawn camping is because you didnít leave your spawn and lost the first skirmish

Not quite close but not quite. It seems that the spawn in rate differs there are times where if I high tail it to recon the opposing team they haven't even spawned in yet, I am talking the full 5 man team. There have been times where I zoned in just in time to see the enemy opening fire on my position. I also know there are fleets in this game that use full impulse plus batteries to get to enemy spawn as fast as possible so the other team has a very small window to organize.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
Leave the spawn point ASAP. If you are not there you are not camped. Engine battery + evasive for the win.

this doesnt work always, before you hit engine battrey and evasive your in tractor or they target engines so you aint going anywhere fast.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Ask them nicely not to do it. Youd be surprised how many players will ablige you. If they dont just take names and remember them for the next time so you can get some revenge kills
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-23-2011, 05:03 AM
If you're getting camped, theres little you can do about it. Try to coordinate with your team so that multiple people spawn at once.

The best solution is to just find another match/instance. Once players get whipped into a spawn-camping frenzy, it almost never stops. I'm guilty of this as much as anyone else.

Ofcourse it might be that you are arrogant, trash-talking douche, in which case people are deliberately trying to **** you off so you ragequit. :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-23-2011, 05:32 AM
hehe talking about those damn fleet engaging the enemy as fast as possible using full impulse.. we tried staying at spawn a few games.. on average it took about 5-6 min before the enemy reached us.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-23-2011, 05:58 AM
Where are you being spawncamped?

In Ker'rat? It's normal there, so deal with it. I can't count anymore how often I entered Ker'rat and was killed instantly by 10 Fed losers camping there. The map is bugged and is going to be nuked. Why bother with Ker'rat anyway?

If you are being spawncamped in an Arena, it's your own fault. I love it when I approach the feds with my klingon and they just sit there at the spawn point. And those people are wondering why they're being spawncamped.

If you are being spawncamped in a Salvage Operation, get over it. Once a team dominates the map completely, they approach the enemy base and kill everything in sight. That's a common tactic. If you don't want it, just break through or stop them from capping all points. If you play better, there's no spawncamping. As simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-23-2011, 06:04 AM
I would never advise staying at spawn for "faster reinforcements" past say Commander.

I've not experienced camping in the Arena more than a couple of times, and those were pugs, usually the fight ends up somewhere far, far above the map leaving anyone who dies with quite a hike.

In Ker'rat, I think we're all familiar with both sides spawning in the KDF spawn zone. Granted, most of the guys who camp this are, to put it mildly, not the most threatening opponents, but with numbers on their side it can still be annoying. They also tend to be the same people who QQ if you line up a beautiful ambush on them.

That said, there's little sweeter than a quick boom & zoom to snatch a ship out of their formation and battle cloak away while they QQ and you lay on the "wow, I can see why you spawn camp" and "Should've stuck with the herd" talk. It doesn't always come off, but even then, what are they going to do? Take pride in winning against a lone BoP? As far as honour goes it's win/win.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Spawncamping uses to backfire prety hard, at last in Arena matches.
a. If singel players or small groups spawncamp we use to wait and respawn at the same time.... Bad luck for them fighting 1/2 versus 5 then.

b. If the whole enemy team spawncamps its even worse; their dead players/reinforcements have to pass the whole map to return to the map, "our" reinforcements are back after 12 seconds. The result is that the "spawncampers" almost ALWAYS are outnumbered. We used to draw the battle on purpose to our spawnpoint because of that.
If you have a remotly organized team spawncampers just hurt themselfes.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
a. If singel players or small groups spawncamp we use to wait and respawn at the same time.... Bad luck for them fighting 1/2 versus 5 then.

b. If the whole enemy team spawncamps its even worse; their dead players/reinforcements have to pass the whole map to return to the map, "our" reinforcements are back after 12 seconds. The result is that the "spawncampers" almost ALWAYS are outnumbered. We used to draw the battle on purpose to our spawnpoint because of that.

Except you can now be targeted as you explode out of respawn.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post

in my experience its never the random pug that spawn camps.. they're the one getting spawn camped. if you get spawned camped its probably because the premade on the other side used that handy "full impulse" thingy.