Lt. Commander
# 31
06-30-2011, 12:42 PM
There really isn't much Cryptic can do to fix "Spawn Camping" They could add auto teaming, thats about it.

Random Spawn locations... ya they tried that, and unorganized pugs ended up all over the place, and it was pretty much the turkey shoot scenario.

Bases with turrets.... ya not such a great idea unless they are going to add some sort of time limit to the amount of time you can sit in your base.... and if they add a tractor beam push or something out of the base, it doesn't stop people sitting there waiting for your team to get forced to fight.

Right now if you don't want to get spawn camped Team up as fast as you can and get moving... be ready to heal the guy that gets spiked first... and be ready to counter attack... or better yet get moving and take the fight to the enemy first... as a group not one at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
One thing we got to remember.

Kerrat is badly made and badly bugged, its a terrible example of what a game should be.

BUT i see this alot, when a round starts everyone spawns on the same spot so everyone starts to fight straight away.

Now the problem is that when someone enters during or after this has just happened they scream SPAWN CAMPING!!!!

Alot of the time we should blame the game and the bad devs for this, its not been fixed since launch, but wait we have had endless c-store items, go figure.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I get it, no worries there man. I hope you get my point though. That I don't care about your emotions or your fun. That's a harsh thing to say, but it applies to anyone I face in PvP. You may kill me, and that will be fun for you but not for me.

As you said, no one likes to lose, so when someone loses they're not having fun. I don't pretend to know what's fun for others. I don't control them; I am not their boss. If I am ruining your fun, then I can't really say I'm sorry because I am not. I am just playing my game.

I disagree. Fun is not in winning or losing. It is ultimately about feeling like you stand a chance. That is why I have been in favor of people leaving when a PuG encounters a full on premade whether it bee from a fleet or the OPvP Channel. I can handle being beat by a team that beat me with superior team work and a good fight. Being beat with SS after every cooldown or being spawn camped after dying, and the enemy team zergs to the respawn point. There is a such thing as sportsmanship which looks like this game loses more of everyday. I agree you can play the game your way but do not come on here *****ing and moaning when more pugs zone out when they encounter your fleets in game.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
One thing we got to remember.

Kerrat is badly made and badly bugged, its a terrible example of what a game should be.

BUT i see this alot, when a round starts everyone spawns on the same spot so everyone starts to fight straight away.

Now the problem is that when someone enters during or after this has just happened they scream SPAWN CAMPING!!!!

Alot of the time we should blame the game and the bad devs for this, its not been fixed since launch, but wait we have had endless c-store items, go figure.
Your assuming that the same side warp in is not intentional. It is interesting of course that the devs chose the Klink side to be the communal spawn at zone start. lol

It would be fun if they created a third spawn off to the side by one of the planets... for the zone restart. Would be more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Your assuming that the same side warp in is not intentional. It is interesting of course that the devs chose the Klink side to be the communal spawn at zone start. lol

It would be fun if they created a third spawn off to the side by one of the planets... for the zone restart. Would be more fun.
Yea one next to cracked planet and one next to the non cracked planet, just cant understand why they made Kerrat as it is, was it a test some mod maker done and they forgot they left it in lol
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I disagree. Fun is not in winning or losing. It is ultimately about feeling like you stand a chance. That is why I have been in favor of people leaving when a PuG encounters a full on premade whether it bee from a fleet or the OPvP Channel. I can handle being beat by a team that beat me with superior team work and a good fight. Being beat with SS after every cooldown or being spawn camped after dying, and the enemy team zergs to the respawn point. There is a such thing as sportsmanship which looks like this game loses more of everyday. I agree you can play the game your way but do not come on here *****ing and moaning when more pugs zone out when they encounter your fleets in game.
Can you show me where I whine and moan about pugs zoning out? In any forum post I've made? Again man, I simply do not care what the other guy is feeling the moment he becomes my enemy.

I don't say "this tactic is wrong" or "that weapon usage is wrong" Shoot even though I make fun of FaW and Pengs I simply accept that they're currently part of the game and will be used against me.

(BTW Hargh'peng Hero is here to save the day!)

Sportsmanship? You can have your notion of it, no one's stopping you. Just don't expect every other captain to have it. Sure, call me derogatory remarks and refuse to associate with me in game. That's your business and certainly your right.

I don't expect anything from you, nor do I expect to live up to standards you've set for yourself.

I'm just a dog chasing cars, that's all. Stupid is as stupid does, sir; I'm sorry I can't be anything else. I try to kill you while you try to kill me.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Yea one next to cracked planet and one next to the non cracked planet, just cant understand why they made Kerrat as it is, was it a test some mod maker done and they forgot they left it in lol
Ya its a bugged zone no doubt... but its the only open pvp we have, I have spent many hours of fun there. I wouldn't go with 2 third warp ins just one.... I like the fighting on restart... its just silly that one side gets instant reinforcements or insta camped if there are 2 or 3 klinks and 14 feds in the zone. A out of the way spot to do it though means that you either have a great battle with even sides at the start (which are tons of fun)... and when you get blowed up you can decide to rush back in for more or go about something else... no one needs to get camped, and the newer players don't get the wrong idea that is not a PvP zone first.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-30-2011, 01:07 PM
If feddies are stupid enough to re-spawn with hungry Klingons at their spawn, then you get everything you deserve. Kindly leave a message in Zone Chat (if your not to busy spawning into Warp Plasma) and I will happily move.

However I can only offer my sincere apologies for gx4th's actions. He's a deeply angry person with a massive Klingon Role Playing problem, just be happy you only meet him in arenas, try sharing a Vent with him!!
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Can you show me where I whine and moan about pugs zoning out? In any forum post I've made? Again man, I simply do not care what the other guy is feeling the moment he becomes my enemy.

I don't say "this tactic is wrong" or "that weapon usage is wrong" Shoot even though I make fun of FaW and Pengs I simply accept that they're currently part of the game and will be used against me.

(BTW Hargh'peng Hero is here to save the day!)

Sportsmanship? You can have your notion of it, no one's stopping you. Just don't expect every other captain to have it. Sure, call me derogatory remarks and refuse to associate with me in game. That's your business and certainly your right.

I don't expect anything from you, nor do I expect to live up to standards you've set for yourself.

I'm just a dog chasing cars, that's all. Stupid is as stupid does, sir; I'm sorry I can't be anything else. I try to kill you while you try to kill me.
I never meant YOU to mean you it was used in the most general of terms.

My point about sportsmanship is the elite of the elite complain about no one wanting to play PvP because ROFLcurbstompings are not fun, they teach nothing except unless you want to be like Fleet XYZ you have to do things like Fleet XYZ and that is why you have more "Elite" fleets with similiar builds and load outs. We all want more PvPers but for some reason I think it is for different reasons. Premades like stomping pugs for some reason. I wish I could go into this discussion further but I have had this debate too many times on these very forums.

It really is too bad that no one took QEWs idea of white fleets seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
However I can only offer my sincere apologies for gx4th's actions. He's a deeply angry person and has massive Klingon Role Playing problem, just be happy you only meet him in arenas, try sharing a Vent with him!!
Lies and slander, sir. I'm only angry at Brits... er Canadians... wait maybe both...