Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
06-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I never meant YOU to mean you it was used in the most general of terms.

My point about sportsmanship is the elite of the elite complain about no one wanting to play PvP because ROFLcurbstompings are not fun, they teach nothing except unless you want to be like Fleet XYZ you have to do things like Fleet XYZ and that is why you have more "Elite" fleets with similiar builds and load outs. We all want more PvPers but for some reason I think it is for different reasons. Premades like stomping pugs for some reason. I wish I could go into this discussion further but I have had this debate too many times on these very forums.

It really is too bad that no one took QEWs idea of white fleets seriously.
Hehe, not seeking a debate with you. I just thought you were referring to me personally about whining about pugs warping out. I've flown with you and against you enough times to know how and why you fight and I /salute you.

I really can't get out of my style of pvp'ing. People either go for full out burst kills or attrition tactics with cruisers and extend shields.

Me? I just always liked playing as the scoundrel. The one who gets into the opponent's mind and distracts him long enough for my teammates to take out.

Not saying people should or shouldn't have some sense of sportsmanship or respect. I just don't expect it, nor do I expect people to have it. My goal is to kill the enemy before he kills me or my team. That's it. THat's what I've been saying all along in this discussion heh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
06-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Ya its a bugged zone no doubt... but its the only open pvp we have, I have spent many hours of fun there. I wouldn't go with 2 third warp ins just one.... I like the fighting on restart... its just silly that one side gets instant reinforcements or insta camped if there are 2 or 3 klinks and 14 feds in the zone. A out of the way spot to do it though means that you either have a great battle with even sides at the start (which are tons of fun)... and when you get blowed up you can decide to rush back in for more or go about something else... no one needs to get camped, and the newer players don't get the wrong idea that is not a PvP zone first.
Exactly why i go there, apart from theres nothing else to do in this game, i like the 'open' part about it, id love simply two spawn sets and remove the bugged to death borg crap, open mass pvp map, awsome!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
06-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
If you respawn and are camped, DON'T keep pressing the respawn button. Tell your friends to come help you or tell the other guy/team to stop camping or you won't respawn. They can't finish the match without kills and if you don't respawn they can't get kills.

This

If they won't leave just don't respawn. Yeah they might still win because they have more kills but if you don't play their game it's not fun for them and if you can't have fun than neither should they. Laugh at them as they send you hate messages for not giving them a target to kill and calling you a coward (because 5 guys destroying a ship before the game even loads on your client side is SOOOO brave, right?)

This is a game, not a real war so play nice. It's supposed to be fun. That doesn't mean that everyone should win to have fun but using cheap tricks to dominate and trying to rationalize spawn camping as "well if they didn't want to be camped they shouldn't suck so much lol" doesn't make it fun for both parties because we all know that it's not that simple.

If you want to camp go play Call of Duty. This is Star Trek, act civilized and game with honor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
It really is too bad that no one took QEWs idea of white fleets seriously.
What is a "white fleet"?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
06-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
What is a "white fleet"?
Fleets that will only use white skills. No SS3, no FaW, no Pengs, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
06-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Fleets that will only use white skills. No SS3, no FaW, no Pengs, etc.
Funny thing: I had a "white list for pvp" thread that lead to basically this list of abilities.
And guess what happened when my friends and I complied with this list - not using FAW, SS, mines, pengs, scorpion fighters,... - exactly nothing. People kept warping out and even called a hybridhealer+golfball 2-man-team an evil premade.

Being a "white fleet" doesn't help at all when the fleet is still winning. People don't like losing, it's as simple as that. Maybe intentionally letting the other team score a couple of kills could help. What do you think?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
06-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Funny thing: I had a "white list for pvp" thread that lead to basically this list of abilities.
And guess what happened when my friends and I complied with this list - not using FAW, SS, mines, pengs, scorpion fighters,... - exactly nothing. People kept warping out and even called a hybridhealer+golfball 2-man-team an evil premade.

Being a "white fleet" doesn't help at all when the fleet is still winning. People don't like losing, it's as simple as that. Maybe intentionally letting the other team score a couple of kills could help. What do you think?
I play whatever unless I get abandoned. If I get abandoned no point in sitting there being instagibbed for 5 minutes so if I start with a 5 man and most of my team leaves me there by my lonesome I will zone also. I again go to sportsman ship. If it 5 V 1 is it necessary to use every set of skills to kill one enemy, no but I know of quite a few fleets that think a SS, CPB, PSW, Spam, FAW, double tap fest is still funny 5 v 1.

I also know of a few fleets that will pull back and 1 v 1 until 4 replacements come in but those are few and far between.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
06-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom

Being a "white fleet" doesn't help at all when the fleet is still winning. People don't like losing, it's as simple as that. Maybe intentionally letting the other team score a couple of kills could help. What do you think?
Wouldn't that require they don't warp out the moment they see your name?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I also know of a few fleets that will pull back and 1 v 1 until 4 replacements come in but those are few and far between.
Do you ask for 1v1s? If not, then start doing it.

I used to offer 1v1s to the player who was left alone in such situations, but the answer was most of time that we should just finish the match as fast as possible. So if you want 1v1s, then ask.

On a more general note:

Same goes for "spawn camping" when the opposing team apparently lacks the knowledge where the full impulse button is and thus forces the initial engagement to occur a their spawn point. Stopping to respawn and asking for a new chance can help.

Communication outside of "you evil haxing spawn camping exploiters" can do wonders.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
06-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Do you ask for 1v1s? If not, then start doing it.

I used to offer 1v1s to the player who was left alone in such situations, but the answer was most of time that we should just finish the match as fast as possible. So if you want 1v1s, then ask.

On a more general note:

Same goes for "spawn camping" when the opposing team apparently lacks the knowledge where the full impulse button is and thus forces the initial engagement to occur a their spawn point. Stopping to respawn and asking for a new chance can help.

Communication outside of "you evil haxing spawn camping exploiters" can do wonders.
I have all I got was silence and the full arsenal of some pretty well known fleets to be brought to bear. So much so that the next time I respawned I pulled all shields and weapons and full impulsed in and came to a stop and then was griefed for not trying so I got SNB'd 3 times in a row PSW 3 times, SS permanently, while they just shot torps at me and spawned mines around me for 5 minutes. They were trying not to kill me fast at that point.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 PM.