Lt. Commander
# 1 wtf?
06-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Ive gone out and purchased STO, loaded it up on my laptop. all well and good. But how do I actually play the ****ing game? There is no START GAME button or option. Lots of different scrteens and lots of info but no ****ingM START GAME OPTION. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE ???????:
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Once the software is installed and you start the launcher, your screen will look like this. Sign in and click 'Submit'. You'll have to download a bunch of patches (everything since launch) and it will take a while, but that screen should look like this when finished. Click 'Engage' to start STO.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderau View Post
Ive gone out and purchased STO, loaded it up on my laptop. all well and good. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE ???????:
Ok... um... Are there any desktop icons on the screen or in the start menu? When it finishes loading the patches, it doesn't say "Engage" in the lower right corner of the game window? What excatly are you looking at when you're done installing?

Please be more specific, and don't refer to "uncouthe" words, even if you star them out; It still leads to infractions.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Read
06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Read the manual it should help.

But if you fill in User name and Password click continue it should scan for updates if there are they will be installed after that the button change in engage, that's all.

Greets
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
First time using a game launcher?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Once the software is installed and you start the launcher, your screen will look like this. Sign in and click 'Submit'. You'll have to download a bunch of patches (everything since launch) and it will take a while, but that screen should look like this when finished. Click 'Engage' to start STO.

Z

Thank you, that explains why its taking so long to patch (mind you iI had no idea what was patching anyway) so i'll just wait for the patch to occur then engage?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-21-2011, 06:01 PM
yup, the initial patch is the biggest, and has taken up to three hours for me before. So patch it and find somthing else to keep you busy! lol and WELCOME, btw
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderau View Post
Ive gone out and purchased STO, loaded it up on my laptop. all well and good. But how do I actually play the ****ing game? There is no START GAME button or option. Lots of different scrteens and lots of info but no ****ingM START GAME OPTION. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE ???????:
The first thing you can do, if you're seeking assistance from the forum, is to calm down and adopt a more appropriate tone.