Lt. Commander
# 1 My Minecraft Enterprise
06-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I've threatened to post these a couple of times, finally got around to it.

It certainly isn't as detailed at this, or as ambitious as this, but it is still a pretty impressive project coming from someone like me. The goal was to make a half-scale TOS style Enterprise in Survival Multiplayer (SMP) without the use of mods, texturepacks, inventory hacks, or map editors. Every block was mined, gathered, smelted, refined, crafted and placed individually. I did make 2 exceptions, I used a give item server command to place a few grass blocks to get the arboretum started (the only other way would be to make a dirt "bridge" all the way up to the saucer section and let the grass spread normally up to it, which would have taken weeks). And I used a map editor to move the whole thing over to a new map after a big update that changed world generation (also the old world was slowly corrupting, one person's castle had already been swallowed up by a shifting mountain). It is not the prettiest Minecraft enterprise you will ever see, I was eyeballing the whole thing. And I made several allowances in the proportions for the sake of practicality (oversized bridge, short warp engines, etc...). I also wanted this to be a practical Minecraft Fort, so the interior has as much functionality as it does decoration.

Below

Above

Behind

Since the taking those screen shots I have removed the water elevator to the shuttle bay since the boat/water physics have changed . Hopefully flying mounts will be introduced soon though . And I have added "working" phasers that can be fired from the safety of the bridge (I am considering adding a TMP style photon launcher to the neck with working TNT cannon). Also I have started work on the deflector dish, but I am making it out of Glowstone from the Nether world so it might take a while.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2011, 05:16 PM
No need to link the other enterprises, no one is gonna put you down just because its been done before.

I can see that hard work you put into this, very impressed
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
while not a fan of that particular Enterprise, I am completely honest when I say nice job... It looks so good that it annoyed my eyes... Lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
No need to link the other enterprises, no one is gonna put you down just because its been done before.
Oh yes they will, this is the internet Sorry, I've been hanging out at other forums lately. So much nicer to be perusing the STO boards again. Also I don't mind drawing attention to these other awesome Minecraft creations. The second link is that full scale Enterprise-D I'm sure you've all seen, but this video is more recent and looks like it is almost done. So check it out if you haven't seen it already.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-30-2011, 07:45 PM
I really want a decent Star Trek Mod. The one I have seems to go out of date, and the patcher that works with the mod doesn't seem to be patching up to the current 1.7 patch. I too am trying to build an Enterprise, but with the new pistons, I want to make actual working shuttle bay doors.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krent View Post
Oh yes they will, this is the internet Sorry, I've been hanging out at other forums lately. So much nicer to be perusing the STO boards again. Also I don't mind drawing attention to these other awesome Minecraft creations. The second link is that full scale Enterprise-D I'm sure you've all seen, but this video is more recent and looks like it is almost done. So check it out if you haven't seen it already.
I thought he finished it. Still, that is something I wouldn't have the patience to do.