Lt. Commander
I believe it was the first June patch that really started this fiasco. After the launcher had finished patching, I engaged and everything was normal. When it loaded character selection the character and backround were horrendously pixelated. after selecting my character I checked my video settings, and discovered that half resolution among other resolution destroying options were set to on, i suspect to optimize speed. I switched everything back to the way it was before, and the game has been lagging considerably ever since, especially around other players, PvP has become impossible. I am able to play with the lighting quality set to low, but when set to high, the lag makes the game impossible to play. Before the patch, or what ever the cause may have been, I was running the game with the highest sensible graphics settings with no problems at all. I have been talking to the community every time i get on, to see if i can find the problem, and i have been given many reasons, and none have come through. today however, I noticed that when playing, my CPU was pegged at 94%+ consistently while the game was running. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with anything, but it is something of interest.
Thanks for Everything!
Corvoe

Computer Specifications:
Type: Alienware M11x
Processor: Intel Premium Dual Core
Intel Core 2 Duo
System Chipset: Intel GS45
Memory Cap.: 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB
Memory Type: 1066MHz (dual channel configurations)
Memory Configurations Possible: 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB
(I guess that is RAM, if not my RAM is 8GB)
Video Cards: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (integrated on system board)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M (Discrete) [Driver is up-to-date]
Thanks again guys, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Do you happen to have the security program Ad-Aware? I find that sometimes a process with that program makes your CPU run at 100%. I have a quad core and sometimes that process maxes out my CPU and I lag like mad. All I do is end the process, and then it works fine.

oh and ewww alienware
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
If you have one of those laptops tjhat switches GPU processors depending on application (As I understand it, it's done to save power - ie it goes to the lower, onboard chip for desktop and OS app displays that don't require 3D; and then will switch to the higher end 3D card for games and other apps.

I wondering if somehow, STO is using the on board Inter chipset as opposed to the NVidia when STO starts up (and that might explain how at one point the game auto reset you for half graphics mode, etc.)