Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
All the players who used to play Klingon, then switched to Fed because of that fact have a good reason to switch back. More kills = more glory. Outnumbered but winning anyway = ultimate glory.
Indeed! All THREE of my KDF are going to see plenty of combat the very MOMENT this goes live.

Sorry, baby Feddies, the grown-ups need their lovin' too. *pats his alts*
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-22-2011, 05:54 PM
If open PvP is objective based, that can help smaller forces too. Another game I play has open RvR areas, but to get them to flip you need to cap 2 major defensive fortifications and several areas on the open field. This means that even if your side is horribly outnumbered, you can stall the enemy by focussing all of your forces in whichever place they are weakest. You can't win that way, but you can defend against forces that outnumber you by 5 or 6 times.

It's also possible to actually win while part of the outnumbered faction. The way you do it if by first defending hard wherever the enemy is pushing, but then sneaking a large portion of your force into another zone and taking the whole thing over swiftly. If you want to be really sneaky you might want to have an even smaller force (like 5 or 6 players) go attack everything in a third zone to set off alarms and get the enemy reacting to an attack that isn't really there.

The key is that there need to be enough objectives that no side could zerg all of them at once, so that the smaller side always has some option to go elsewhere and strike where the enemy is weakest. Once their are 15 or 20 places that need to be guarded in 3 different zones, it's nearly impossible to have a strong defense everywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
As a klingon ill tell ya how it goes down cuz lets face it it really is just going be like one big ker'rat.When you join a zone you guys all know this you are in say zone #366 well only so many ppl can get into zone #366 so its not like one thousand feds are going be in there.So when you go into ker'rat as a klingon you scope it out right if you are by yourself you look for maps with say like 4 feds on it waaaay easyer to pick them off if you join a ker'rat with like 8 or so feds mightaswell just leave.

So you just rezone in and out till you find a map that seems kinda fair.Thats what i do anyway.
No way dude. If i get in a balanced Ker'rat, i look for one where I'm outnumbered 5 or more to 1. If i wanted even battles I'd stick to arenas. The glory of attacking even though outnumbered, picking off 1 fed from a group, & escaping to do it again is as Klingon as this game lets you get.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-23-2011, 05:43 AM
The same thing, that lets KDF win PvP now... The ability to teamwork.

I hate to say it, but we suck at teamplay.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-23-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The same thing, that lets KDF win PvP now... The ability to teamwork.

I hate to say it, but we suck at teamplay.
Lies!
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-23-2011, 05:56 AM
KDF - "Ha, if the Feds only outnumber us 3-to-1, they'd better go get more help!"

Fed - "Ha, we outnumber these silly Klinks 3-to-1, this should be eas-... Wait... Why are my shields dropping? WTF?! Why is my Hull dro-"... Ka-BOOM!....

<presses Re-Spawn button>...

"Now, where is that dirty Klink this time... What? Who is <insert random Fed here> and why would I want to team up with him? We don't need no stinkin' teams! I'm Capt. Jean-Luc Kirk here! I totally OMGWTFPWN! I... Oh look, there's that evil Klink again, I'll definitely get him thi-... GAH! Mah ship! IT'S A-BURNIN'!"

/tell AverageKDFPlayer@CreativeHandle (Note: NOT a real person...AFAIK): You haxx! I'm reporting you for cheating! You have no honor!

from AverageKDFPlayer - /tell CaptJean-LucKirk@FedUberPWNZORZ (Note: Also NOT a real person... AFAIK): How did I "haxx"? You didn't even balance your shields. If you'd like some advice for your build and ways to stay alive longer in PvP, I'd be happy to help... <moment later> @FedUberPWNZORZ is ignoring you.

AverageKDFPlayer - <sigh>
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
CaptJean-LucKirk@FedUberPWNZORZ
[http://www.trulygraphics.com/wp-cont...010/09/lol.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-23-2011, 06:13 AM
Quote:
KDF - "Ha, if the Feds only outnumber us 3-to-1, they'd better go get more help!"

Fed - "Ha, we outnumber these silly Klinks 3-to-1, this should be eas-... Wait... Why are my shields dropping? WTF?! Why is my Hull dro-"... Ka-BOOM!....

"Now, where is that dirty Klink this time... What? Who is <insert random Fed here> and why would I want to team up with him? We don't need no stinkin' teams! I'm Capt. Jean-Luc Kirk here! I totally OMGWTFPWN! I... Oh look, there's that evil Klink again, I'll definitely get him thi-... GAH! Mah ship! IT'S A-BURNIN'!"

/tell AverageKDFPlayer@CreativeHandle (Note: NOT a real person...AFAIK): You haxx! I'm reporting you for cheating! You have no honor!

from AverageKDFPlayer - /tell CaptJean-LucKirk@FedUberPWNZORZ (Note: Also NOT a real person... AFAIK): How did I "haxx"? You didn't even balance your shields. If you'd like some advice for your build and ways to stay alive longer in PvP, I'd be happy to help... <moment later> @FedUberPWNZORZ is ignoring you.

ahahahahahahaaha .........aahahahahahahahahahaah
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-23-2011, 06:13 AM
Nothing, kek
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:

Kinda my point....